“Medical needs are met through this little puddle jumper”
Review of Cape Air

Reviewed 16 June 2021

Every time I have to fly to Boston for treatment due to cancer I thank the Lord for this little airplane and it’s pilots and this airport in Saranac Lake!! We are so very blessed to have this plane three times a day to Boston and back. It has literally saved my life many times. One time I was in stage four liver failure. It got me to the ER in Boston within two hours. The pilots are excellent as are the airport crew. Thank you Cape Air for taking such good care of this little community and it’s visitors. I tell all of my doctors and nurses about your very valuable little flights that can get the from Boston into the Heart of the ADKS in just over an hour. They are always surprised and thankful for the “tip”

Date of travel: June 2021
Write a reviewReviews (310)

Reviewed 6 June 2021

Out flight from Boston to Nantucket was fine, but no one told us that it was a possibility that our luggage wouldn’t arrive with us, due to weight restrictions. When questioned, the employees act as if you should know this, and they basically tell you that you’ll get your luggage when you get it. The Cape Air employees at Nantucket were extremely unfriendly and unhelpful. But, they sure let you know if your mask wasn’t up all the way. Our trip back to Boston was a nightmare, with our flight being delayed several times, but the airline would not cancel the flight, so they didn’t have to refund any money. We missed both of our connecting flights out of Boston, and they handed us a phone number to call another airline to see if they could help us. They were rude not only to us but to other passengers who were in the same boat as us. Finally, one employee said she had to leave as it was t8 e for her to go be a mommy. WTH? We never did get out of Nantucket by air. We had to take the ferry to Hyannis, then a 2-1/2 hr train ride to Boston and a bus ride to the airport. By the time we arrived at the hotel, all food options were closed. It was truly a Planes, Trains and Automobiles experience, and it all stated with Cape Air. I will never fly this airline again, and strongly suggest you pay attention to all the bad reviews for this airline.

Date of travel: May 2021
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 27 April 2021

What an Airline Disaster!!!! I had a 1245 flight leaving Vieques to San Juan. I checked in at the ticket counter at 11 25am. I had my bags weighed and tagged. The counter agent asked about connecting flights and printed both the Cape Air and my United tickets for me. I have flown multiple times on this route and asked to leave my two bags next to him and he agreed. I told him I was going upstairs to grab a bite to eat. I arrived at the resturant/bar at 1129, I know because the bartender stated they don't start food until 12 and I looked at my phone see how much more time. So, I had a beer and ordered at 1155 and got a hotdog. I went back down to the seating area at 1228 to find my bags at the departure area doors and to find that the plane had left early. Yes, to my disbelief, over 20 minutes early even when the agents knew I had checked in, had a connecting flight and that I had gone upstairs. The agent came in from boarding the next flight also leaving at 1245 and it left early as well. I was obviously upset and stated to the agent that was not right and unfair and complained that I might miss my next flight. I asked to get on the next flight and so I could get to my next flight on United. Agent would not reticket me and denied me boarding on Cape Air. She stated I had a bad attitude and stated I could not fly that day. I was upset, appolligized if I said anything inappropriate, be she HAD THE POWER and continued to refuse reticketing. I finally left only to see she had called both the CBP and Vieques PD.. I was outside trying to get a taxi when the Vieques PD came over and questioned me and told me I could not go back in or they would have to come back.. I was finally able to get to the ferry and got to San Juan and had to stay overnight and take another United flight home. Their desire to leave early cost me over $1000. This wasn't the first issue I had with Cape Air. Once we missed a connecting flight because they had to wait for another passenger and left late. The also cost me over $4000 because I lost my airfare on the other airline and deposit at the hotel. Then again, I was on the plane and one of the engines did not start so we had to wait for a new plane to come.. AMAZING as passengers, WE have to WAIT but they don't and don't give a hoot about service and passengers.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 25 April 2021

They will racially discriminate against you. I watched as a older white gentleman got no help with his bag but the employees in St Croix just sat on a railing and pointed and shouted how the bag should be placed on the cart. Later my girlfriend tried to board with a small purse. At check in it was not a problem but the flight crew wouldn't hear about carrying on. As the flight crew was stowing the purse and my girlfriend was watching, the same railing sitter exclaimed, " Look lady, not stealing from you" just to try and humiliate her. Other people of differing skin tones were able to carry items on board. No problem...

Not many choices for this route so just be prepared. They won't allow you to carry on your dignity. You will have to check it with your small luggage items.

Reviewed 9 April 2021

Seriously, do yourself a favor and drive. I missed a flight TWICE because my flight was late. Customer service refused to help me contact the flight I was supposed to be connected to in San Juan saying “that’s not my job”.

Date of travel: April 2021
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.