“Great way to get to NYC”
Review of Cape Air

Reviewed 18 February 2019

We were planning a 3 day/3 night visit to New York City, initially intending to take the Dartmouth Coach from Lebanon, NH. Exploring our options, we realized that for a very little more, we could gain significant time in New York by flying. We flew from Lebanon to White Plains, then took the free shuttle to Penn Station (and back). We were able to leave home in NH in late morning and be in NYC by mid afternoon. On the return trip, we did not leave NY until late afternoon, arriving home by 7 PM! Had we traveled by bus, we would have spent the day of our return on the bus; instead we had almost an entire additional day to enjoy in the city.

Airport and Cape Air staff as well as the shuttle driver from White Plains and back were all very pleasant and professional. The flight and shuttle were right on schedule.

I would highly recommend Cape Air as a way to get from the Upper Valley of NH/Vt to New York.

Date of travel: October 2018
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank roeburn
Write a reviewReviews (310)

Reviewed 7 February 2019 via mobile

First, I had an issue with this airline when I was flying into Sidney, MT and the man in front of me attempted to open the emergency exit mid flight. I attempted to get the pilots attention, but I was the only one who kept it from happening be swatting his hand away. He was using his cell phone for light trying to figure out how to open it. The passenger risked the safety of all passengers.

Second, we tried to fly from Sidney to Billings and they knew the plane was broke, continued to act like the plane would be taking off, then at the last minute, they canceled our flight. We were attempting to get to Billings for a flight but did not have a connecting flight and bought them separate because we didn’t need a flight from Billings to Sidney so we only bought a one way. We missed our flight. Had they told us we would be possible not leaving we could have drove and made our flight. I reached out to the airline and complained because we had to buy $999 one way flights and fly out the next day in order to get home. They gambled with our ability to get on our flight. We reached out and they then said that weather in Billings was bad and flights didn’t take off which was untrue because we checked the status of the flight we missed. They have sent numbeous emails and keep making excuses and then comped us free flights. We will not be using them. Not ever.

Do not trust them!! They will screw you over and then blame everything else so they don’t have to help you.

Date of travel: December 2018
4  Thank Tak006
Reviewed 7 February 2019

Both my flights to Ogdensburg and from Ogdensburg were cancelled. It was winter but the cancellations were not weather related. Bottom line I spent four hours in a van (cab) with three other passengers to get from Albany to Ogdensburg. Took a flight from Watertown when my flight out of Ogdensburg was cancelled. This resulted in hours on the road inconveniencing family members who drove me to Watertown in freezing rain and an extra $381 to change my connecting flights to get a more direct route back home to Denver. On top of this the Ogdensburg airport car rental company - Countrywide charged me for an extra week - said i returned the car late (actually returned a day early.) Will NOT book with Cape Air again

Date of travel: January 2019
    • Customer service
    • Value for money
2  Thank K F
Reviewed 3 February 2019 via mobile

One plane from Vieques across to Puerto Rico.... LOST BAGS can’t tell us where they are...... Not sure How that happens

Date of travel: February 2019
1  Thank Kimred69
Reviewed 27 January 2019 via mobile

They knew well in advance that our flight of 8 passengers was going to be cancelled due to weather. They didn't contact us at all. EIGHT PASSENGERS. We learned by showing up for the flighy and being told it was off. Then, we got to STL faster i our car, and cheaper. Absolutely no reason to rely on these clowns unless you simply cannot drive or find a ride to STL.

Date of travel: January 2019
2  Thank dp4284
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.