“Untrustworthy Airline - Don't Fly Cape Air”
Review of Cape Air

Reviewed 11 January 2019

I traveled home for the holidays and brought a ski bag with all my ski equipment, ski gear and holiday gifts. My bag was never checked in with Cape Air in Boston and Cape Air did very little to try to find my bag. I originally flew Alaska and transferred to Cape Air in Boston. Instead of the two airlines working together to find my bag, they just pointed fingers at one another and did very little to find my bag. I was told by a Cape Air employee my bag was gone but it was still their responsibility to reimburse me for the items lost. So with that knowledge, I followed what it said on the Cape Air Claim Form and ordered all my gear that was lost. I uploaded all my receipts. And, now, three weeks later, Cape Air as finally responded and told me they could do nothing. I have asked to speak to their manager and no one has gotten back to me. I truly wish I could support this small airline, but their customer service is terrible and I am very disappointed with how they handled this situation. Do not fly Cape Air.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
4  Thank Chelsea3892
Write a reviewReviews (310)

Reviewed 5 January 2019 via mobile

Full disclosure, I don’t like small planes. I love Vieques so much that I’m willing subject myself.
So, I prefer a serious pilot, not the prankster. However, a little effort so we think you like your job would offer peace of mind. Had same pilot twice on this 3 week visit. Same experience. Also used the competitor airline on one flight this trip, review posted. Gate crew was also a bit gruff at Vieques. Management just needs to spend a little more time training employees, even if they have been there for years. Their fleet is newer than the competitors, higher ticket price, just need to pretend their passengers are necessary for their livelihood. Other passengers also made similar comments.
Always felt safe, on time, and visually well-kept fleet.
Use your noise-cancelling headphones on all these commuter flights. Also, phones OFF, not just airplane mode.

• Legroom
3  Thank Lauren K
Reviewed 3 January 2019

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT TRAVEL CAPE AIR. My girlfriend and I were supposed to take a one way flight from Sidney, MT to Billings, MT on Christmas Day to connect with our American Airlines flight direct form Billings to DFW. We paid over $900 for this round trip American Airlines flight to go visit my girlfriends family for the holidays. We get to the airport in Sidney and go through the process of checking in for the flight and checking our bags. 15 minutes prior to boarding they tell us that the pilot noticed an issue with the plane earlier that morning when landing in Sidney. They needed to fly in a mechanic to fix the front strut. I travel weekly for business and know that the airline knew the flight was not going to leave well in advance. Rather than telling us from the get go they waited til the last second. If we would have been told earlier then we could have made the drive and caught our original flight. They decided to take a gamble with my bank account and time and caused the holidays to be ruined for us. I called American Airlines to see about catching another flight and was informed that it would cost $776/ person and we would have to get on a flight the next day, because we missed the only flight from Billings to DFW. Trying to avoid the option of spending an additional $1,600, I begin looking into other options. We find a flight the next day from Dickinson, ND to DFW with a connection in Denver for $1,000 total one way. We had to drive 2.5 hrs to get to the airport at 3am. We were originally scheduled to get home 12/25 at 3:45pm CST and didn't get home til 7:00pm CST on 12/26. This airline has horrible customer service and cares nothing about the customers who help keep them in business. From now on when traveling to Montana I will be flying to Billings and paying to rent a car, because of the hassle Cape Air put us through during the holidays.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank Caliendo63
Reviewed 1 January 2019 via mobile

I had an email confirmation that I was to go from Minneapolis to Chicago to St Louis. I got to Chicago and I could not find my airline. After walking all the way through the airport, I finally got to an extremely sketchy gate with flickering lights and extremely rude staff. When I presented my boarding pass, the ticket assistant (without looking at it) informed me that it was not my boarding pass. IT HAD BOARDING PASS WRITTEN ACROSS THE TOP. She then printed out a new boarding pass that did not take me to St Louis. It took me to Decatur. When I tried to inform her that it was not my ticket and showed her the email confirmation, she did not look at it and told me that there was no flight from Chicago to St Louis. So now I’m stuck with an extremely rude staff and the wrong ticket. Thanks Cape Air.

Date of travel: January 2019
Reviewed 29 December 2018 via mobile

Told to arrive at 2.45pm to catch the bus for our 5 hour trip that has replaced the cancelled flight. Now 4.20 pm and still waiting. No one from CapeAir has bothered to explain what is going on so clearly they don’t care about their customers

Date of travel: December 2018
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.