“Cape Air put me on the wrong flight and refused to listen to me”
Review of Cape Air

Reviewed 1 January 2019 via mobile

I had an email confirmation that I was to go from Minneapolis to Chicago to St Louis. I got to Chicago and I could not find my airline. After walking all the way through the airport, I finally got to an extremely sketchy gate with flickering lights and extremely rude staff. When I presented my boarding pass, the ticket assistant (without looking at it) informed me that it was not my boarding pass. IT HAD BOARDING PASS WRITTEN ACROSS THE TOP. She then printed out a new boarding pass that did not take me to St Louis. It took me to Decatur. When I tried to inform her that it was not my ticket and showed her the email confirmation, she did not look at it and told me that there was no flight from Chicago to St Louis. So now I’m stuck with an extremely rude staff and the wrong ticket. Thanks Cape Air.

Date of travel: January 2019
Write a reviewReviews (312)

Reviewed 29 December 2018 via mobile

Told to arrive at 2.45pm to catch the bus for our 5 hour trip that has replaced the cancelled flight. Now 4.20 pm and still waiting. No one from CapeAir has bothered to explain what is going on so clearly they don’t care about their customers

Reviewed 29 December 2018 via mobile

Arrived at the Airport and not allowed through the from door. Made to stand in the rain while being told the flight had been cancelled and told to leave and call customer care. Called customer care and after two hours the call was transferred back to the same person who greeted us at the airport. Eventually offered a bus voucher for a 5 hour bus trip. Also told their “hands were tied and Capair had no policy to handle the situation”.

1  Thank michaelwbensom
Reviewed 27 December 2018

Arrived at the terminal 'one minute late.' So he told me 'don't get here late and we won't give your seat away.' Fought with them for 2 hours just to get another flight; told me it would be tomorrow. Called American to check on the flight Cape said they rescheduled...American had no clue. Went back to the desk, and another guy told me I should feel lucky they even tried. But he'd go ahead and confirm it. 'Ok, you're good. Your flight is confirmed.' Called American again...again they had no clue. Called Cape back, they gave me the same bogus confirmation number and said this is definitely AA's problem. Worst customer service I've ever received from an 'airline.'

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 21 December 2018 via mobile

I traveled with Cape Air on my way back home for the holidays. A connecting flight to St. Louis left me too late to board, but the agents held the plane an extra 10 minutes so I could make it. Due to a baggage error on my connecting flight’s side, I wasn’t actually able to board the flight, so Cape Air completely refunded me (even though it wasn’t their fault!) When I called their 1-800 number to update them, the operator told me that her entire office had been rooting for me and that she was genuinely sorry I couldn’t make my flight. All in all, I would recommend Cape Air wholeheartedly!

2  Thank Dakota R
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.