“Terrible CapeAir Service”
Review of Cape Air

Reviewed 29 December 2018 via mobile

Arrived at the Airport and not allowed through the from door. Made to stand in the rain while being told the flight had been cancelled and told to leave and call customer care. Called customer care and after two hours the call was transferred back to the same person who greeted us at the airport. Eventually offered a bus voucher for a 5 hour bus trip. Also told their “hands were tied and Capair had no policy to handle the situation”.

1  Thank michaelwbensom
Write a reviewReviews (313)

Reviewed 27 December 2018

Arrived at the terminal 'one minute late.' So he told me 'don't get here late and we won't give your seat away.' Fought with them for 2 hours just to get another flight; told me it would be tomorrow. Called American to check on the flight Cape said they rescheduled...American had no clue. Went back to the desk, and another guy told me I should feel lucky they even tried. But he'd go ahead and confirm it. 'Ok, you're good. Your flight is confirmed.' Called American again...again they had no clue. Called Cape back, they gave me the same bogus confirmation number and said this is definitely AA's problem. Worst customer service I've ever received from an 'airline.'

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 21 December 2018 via mobile

I traveled with Cape Air on my way back home for the holidays. A connecting flight to St. Louis left me too late to board, but the agents held the plane an extra 10 minutes so I could make it. Due to a baggage error on my connecting flight’s side, I wasn’t actually able to board the flight, so Cape Air completely refunded me (even though it wasn’t their fault!) When I called their 1-800 number to update them, the operator told me that her entire office had been rooting for me and that she was genuinely sorry I couldn’t make my flight. All in all, I would recommend Cape Air wholeheartedly!

2  Thank Dakota R
Reviewed 14 December 2018

I love flying cape air and have flown it many times from St Thomas to Puerto Rico, also from New Bedford ,MA to Nantucket and Miami to Key West. Their planes are small, may 8-10 seats, no services like food but they flying only short hop flights lasting 1/2 hour or so...have always been on time when I flew with them...even leaving early if all passengers are checked in.

Date of travel: November 2018
    • Seat comfort
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 14 December 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately, Cape Air is the only choice for Decatur. It takes about the same amount of time to drive to ORD as it does to fly Cape Air when you include airport arrival time and their frequent flight delays (due to fog, rain, snow, a slight breeze or any of the million things they delay flights for). Most of the time the TSA machine is ‘waiting for parts’ so TSA has to comb through your things with everyone watching. Cape Airs Cessnas are from the 1980s and literally have pieces duct taped together. I’m not joking, I was on one of their flights and the pilots arm rest was duct taped. The counter reps at the Decatur airport are completely unhelpful and they are capricious about their luggage policies. Sometimes a large bag is ok, sometimes the exact same bag is not. There is no climate control on the planes so you can be boiling or freezing. Do yourself a favor and just rent a car and drive to either Chicago or St. Lois. It’s faster, more comfortable and generally less over all sucky than Crap Air.

1  Thank Jae_7
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.