“Most Unreliable Airline I’ve ever encountered”
Review of Cape Air

Reviewed 20 November 2018 via mobile

I’ve taken this airline a few times now and they are consistently the worst I’ve encountered.

I took their taxi shuttle from Manhattan only to find out my flight had been delayed by half a day and may be cancelled, but was not updated beforehand even though they had known for hours.

Previously on another trip - a pilot had misguaged the ground distance and was only 50 ft above a residental building and had to jerk the plane aggressively to avoid the house.

Time before that - I bought my Girlfriend a ticket but flights were shut down for 2 DAYS due to snow - and it took over a week for them to isssue a refund.

Avoid if at all possible, no customer service, young inexperienced pilots.

Date of travel: November 2018
Write a reviewReviews (310)

Reviewed 18 November 2018 via mobile

Capeair doesn’t back up their customers.Leave people stranded.No late in the day flights since Hurricane maria

Date of travel: November 2018
Reviewed 13 November 2018 via mobile

We fly between Islands almost monthly and couldn't be happier with the service!!
Extremely nice staff and very accommodating.

You can purchase advance tickets for $109 each way, Good for use on any available flight to and from Puerto Rico and St. Croix.

Small planes equal quick boarding and deboarding.

Date of travel: August 2018
Reviewed 12 November 2018

Last February I had to travel to Saranac Lake for business. My flights were all messed up but it was not the fault of Cape Air. The planes are tiny of course but they are very safety conscious for that reason. It was a bit scary but fun at the same time. I felt like they really care about their customers.

Date of travel: February 2018
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank Corinne C
Reviewed 7 November 2018

Although Cape Air uses extremely small planes with less than luxurious seating, this flight was pleasant enough. All the employees were agreeable and professional, and we were fortunate to have a smooth flight. Flying with Cape Air felt like a bit of an adventure, but clearly for the employees and frequent passengers it was just routine. I enjoyed the experience.

Date of travel: October 2018
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.