“Better than average service but the food was unusually poor”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I have flown BA in the past and their service is friendly. Like most airlines, they have reduced the leg room. Seat comfort was generally poor.

My only big complaint was the dinner, which was curried chicken or vegetable pasta. The curry taste was fine, but the chicken appeared to be like bad chicken nuggets, not real chicken. The side dishes were also sub-standard. I would pay a little more for a decent meal.

Write a ReviewReviews (29,428)

Reviewed 4 April 2018

The trip cost a lot and the services offered non-existent!
1) The flight was departing at 7:00 am, we were asked to be on board at 6:30 and yet the check-in counters did not open until 5:00 am. So we had to face long queues at the security control!
2) We were asked to do everything ourselves, i.e. to check in our luggage, to print the tapes , to load them on the belt. This of course requires to follow a touch-screen instructions.
Have they no consideration of older people and of people who do not speak the language??
I had to help quite a few people that felt very distressed with this situation.
3) No longer free coffee and drinks or food onboard. You have to pay dearly for a cup of coffee in a paper cup!

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, movies)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Went to Montreal for Christmas and left the UK well in advance on the 14th December trying to miss the rush. Terminal 5 was very busy and, amazingly, the BA Staff were really poor. Travelling Business class the check in staff really didn't care and the Business Class lounge was like a war zone. Food and drink not replenished and tables not cleared. Spoke to several staff whose standard reply was 'Its the Holidays'. Departure gates were a joke, staff too busy planning their weekends to even look at me when we went to board. On board cabin crew were brilliant, can't fault them at all - wrote a letter of commendation for them.
Return journey 14th Jan was the worst flight I have ever had regardless of airline. Staff were totally dis-interested, far too busy to be involved with passengers and one staff member was just rude ! Complained to the Cabin Manager who just removed the staff member and offered us a drink to say sorry !
On return to UK I made a formal complaint - despite having been told not to bother by a member of staff who did seem to care, but just said BA attitude to customers had changed over the last couple of years, what's that about ??
Complaint submitted 17/2 - response on 27/2 was pathetic and did not address any of the issues raised. Complaint 'escalated' the same day and has still not been responded to - maybe the staff member was telling the truth.
Complaint re-submitted on 25/3 and still no response from BA.
Has anyone else noticed that the quality of service has fallen ?? Have got another flight coming up with this airline and I am really not looking forward to it anymore !

3  Thank Jimbo999186402
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We flew to the old airport in Muscat from NCL via LHR.
When I went to check that my flight was still leaving on time, or at all, the weather in the UK being the problem, there was a message on the website saying that I needed to get a visa prior to travel.
That was news to me as when I had checked at time of booking (and a little later on too) there was no mention of this. It was still the same procedure - get a visa on arrival.
I checked with the visa central website as directed and it said that I had to contact the airline.
I did this, despite the fact that it took so long to get through due to the travel disruption because of the snow (never have I seen so little snow create so much havoc! - get a grip Heathrow).
They couldnt help me and said that I had to contact the embassy - on a Sunday - right.
Anyway, eventually contacted the ground handling agent, Swissport, and Newcastle airpmrt instead. They were able to confirm that the visa issue would not be a problem as we were landing the day before the new airport opened, and therefore the day before the new regulations came into force.
Thank goodness for them. The British Airways call centre was worse than useless. I have no idea why they couldnt have answered the question as simply as the ground handling agent did. This airline is becoming less of a flagship, and more of an embarassment to the economy.
Our flights were delayed although we did manage to catch our connection and the crew on board the NCL flight to LHR were very proactive with some of the passengers who were less lucky.
Our flight to Muscat was delayed on the ground, and despite there being such a small number of crew on board, they were excellent, brought us round some refreshments to keep us going while we waited in a very long queue for the single de-icer rig. NCL have more snow and ice clearing facilities than LHR it seems. Bearing in mind that BA is the main user at the airport, it would seem beyond their capabilities to insist that the airport authorities have more facilities for just such an occasion as the 1mm of snow that had fallen in the surrounding area!

The service on board was excellent and the crew were very accomodating. However, the food was probably the worst offering I have had in years of travelling with many different airlines. It was dreadful. If BA continue to serve up the same dreadful meals on long haul flights, then I shall be taking my custom elsewhere. After all the food and beverages are paid for as part of the ticket price.

The inflight entertainment needs an overhaul too. It is very limited and quite a few of the headset plugs werent working.

The blankets provided were very obviously dirty and hadn't been laundered in a while which is disgracefully sloppy.

The staff are the only thing that is keeping this airline from going under completely. The rest of the service from it needs a serious rethink. I am travelling with the airline from LHR to Hong Kong in June. This is the last chance saloon for them. If there is no improvement then I shall take my business elsewhere.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, movies)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Having travelled the world (and to Kenya several times before,) I was pleasantly surprised to find BA the cheapest option on the day I booked my flight. We took off roughly as scheduled, once we were at cruising altitude the cabin crew started serving food, etc. At no point were we offered disposable wet wipes beforehand, which seems to be standard with most reputable airlines. I tried to access the in-flight entertainment system once the first meal had been cleared away, to no avail. The head stewardess announced over the tannoy system that "we were experiencing technical issues" with it, and it would be "up and running shortly." It never was. To summarise, a very disappointing experience, and will in future trips be travelling with the flagship airline of my destination country.

1  Thank Supeter