“Fabulous Flight”
Review of Avianca

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We departed on time - we upgraded at the airport to business class, great thing to do. We enjoyed use of the lounge at Heathrow Airport and then boarded easily. The seats were comfortable and perfect for a night flight - slept all night! Breakfast was adequate. Arrived in Bogotá feeling fresh - unfortunately the onwards flight with Avianca to Santa Marta was delayed for 2 hours :(. Would defiantly use Avianca again to travel from Heathrow.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, movies)
    • Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (10,948)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were expecting the worst after reading other reviews, but we didn’t have any issues at all. Flight was on time and service was great. It was like the good old days but modernized. We enjoyed the movies and food too.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Once again the flight was delayed, this time 1 hour. For me this is the main criteria and unfortunately I don’t recall an Avianca flight on time...the plane was quite old too, the staff was pleasant.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Slightly older aircraft on this flight so no personal entertainment screen. Thankfully a relatively shorter flight - and there was always the suduku in the flight magazine - done and dusted. Good flight, friendly crew, smooth take off and excellent landing. Aotherwise uneventful - just what I like. Excellent frequent flyer lounge in Quito with service to match.

7/10
I had a pretty good experience flying with Avianca. The planes were standard, but the blankets were very nice. The food was also very good and we were fed a whole meal on our 2 hr flight, and another 2 meals on our 5-hour flight. The entertainment had a lot of recently released movies, but the earphones given out were VERY bad. The worst I've seen. This still averaged out to being a good experience. Boarding was delayed for one of our flights though, and in Bogota we had to wait a long time for a shuttle to take us from the plane on the tarmac to the main airport terminal. Overall this airline is a solid B- in my eyes, and I wouldn't mind flying Avianca again.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, movies)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)