“Best Flights Ever!!”
Review of ANA (All Nippon Airways)

Reviewed August 25, 2018

I flew in April 2018 from JFK airport to Tokyo Japan and then to Manila for work. The flight from JFK to Tokyo was wonderful! When I arrived on the flight, they immediately took a drink order for me and provided me with a great welcome kit. The seats were individual pods so I had complete privacy and was extremely comfortable. The flight attendants were extremely friendly and attentive, ensuring that I had everything I wanted. They had a large variety of food and beverages to choose from and you were able to eat healthy or unhealthy if you wanted (I had sushi and it was VERY good). The in-flight movies were also new and the TV/sound was clear. The plane was very clean as well. My flight to Manila was also very nice, the plane was a little older and smaller with a more limited menu but that was to be expected as the flight was much shorter. Even still, the food was still very good and the flight crew was again, very attentive and friendly. I would fly this airline again in a heartbeat!

Date of travel: April 2018
1  Thank Joanna W

Reviewed August 25, 2018

Ana is always great, our preferred airline, in fact: gentile -even sweet- crew that will go the extra mile for your needs, best food in cabin we know and plains are all good and new. Normally, temperature is pleasant, but in June, we flew from Jakarta to Haneda, as a connecting flight to Mexico City and it was so hot, that we even talked to the crew a couple of times with no avail. It was horrible and we suffered the entire flight... Never before and -I hope- never again in an ANA flight...

Date of travel: June 2018
Reviewed August 24, 2018

Pricing was comparable to British Airways and Japan Airlines, which were the only other two companies that would fly us directly to Japan from the UK. We fly with Virgin Atlantic quite regularly, and as a partner airline, the ability to collect their airmiles with this flight is what swung the vote for us.
Legroom was decent, food options were somewhat limited, with one Asian style meal and one European style meal on offer.
Entertainment was seatback and had plenty of choice.

Date of travel: May 2018
Reviewed August 24, 2018

As a disabled traveller, I called much earlier to arrange for wheelchair assistance. The customer service officer kindly oblige. And she put me in seats closer to toilet and entrance/exit. Altogether there were 4 legs in my return trip because we had to transit in Tokyo. The whole process was smooth operation. During transit, they arranged wheelchair which can go into the aircraft and had someone pushed me from inbound flight to outbound flight. The stewardess always checked on me and explained to me upon arrival what I needed to do. I also had no trouble checking in my electric scooter "Luggie". It was a very good experience flying with ANA.

Date of travel: August 2018
Reviewed August 23, 2018

Seat was cramped, expected for economy. No in flight entertainment service, expected since it just a domestic . But to offer just drinks ( green tea , apple , water etc ) in an almost 2 hour flight ? I know ANA is a very highly rated airline, that is for international flights. But if it is domestic , nothing to rave about. By the way, premium seats get serve meals , of course.

Date of travel: August 2018
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.