“WORST SERVICE!”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 11 April 2021

When I say HORRIBLE, I mean just HORRIBLE!!!! Customer service. With a line of 10 people trying board before flight takes off they took their sweet time with people who were there like 20 min before us. They made us lose our flight and then made it seem like it was our fault after standing there 45 minutes . They took NO ACCOUNTABILITY. They showed no empathy! Horrible. Never again.

Date of travel: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (72,289)

Reviewed 11 April 2021

My flight to NC was canceled late on 4/9/2021. I called the Budget rental car counter in Asheville, and told them I’d need to pick it up the next day. They said no problem.
Next day, I had to fly into Knoxville, because there weren’t any flights into Asheville with available seats. So my daughter picked me up and we drive two hours to Asheville to pick up the car. I got there and Budget DOUBLED MY RATE!!! 6 days cost went from $406 to $963.

So I can’t ever recommend Budget/AVIS to anyone.

The person behind the counter was supposedly powerless. I called Budget customer service, and they blamed their system and said they could NOT help. I obviously chose not to rent with their changed terms.

This is the very definition of treating a paying customer terribly. I had set up the rental through the American Airlines website. I’ll be leaving a review there, as well.

Reviewed 11 April 2021

Every time I want to use a trip credit I have to call and wait on the phone for 2-4 hours. WHY? Why even give us a trip credit number if your website/app does not know how to accept these numbers without pulling an error? FIX THIS

Reviewed 11 April 2021

My boyfriend and I are in a long distance relationship. This said, we desperately need airlines to be on top of their A-game without costing us an arm and a leg. Every. Single. Dang. Time. We have flown with American Airlines, we have been horrifically screwed over. Take today, for example, when his flight out of RDU was scheduled to start boarding at 5:30 (taking off in just enough time to make his connecting flight in Miami- he has work tomorrow morning and cannot miss his second flight)... and he has JUST NOW, at SIX FIFTEEN P.M. EST, STARTED TO BOARD THE FLIGHT.
THIS IS NOT OKAY. This is the 6th time this/something similar has happened to us while flying AA. I wanted to leave this review everywhere I could to deter anybody from ever flying with them. I would absolutely never ever recommend it. This is not a one-time mistake. This is appalling and I cannot believe this airline is still running a business. FIX this massive timing issue and disrespect towards your patrons, or we will never fly with AA again!

Reviewed 11 April 2021 via mobile

I traveled from Denver to Dallas on American First Class, but when I arrived to the lounge, I was told that I couldn’t access even though I am a Gold British Airways member.
I was told by the lady at the reception desk that “fly other airline next time”. That is what I’m going to do next time, unfortunately I didn’t do it this time.
I will only fly American if I have no other choice,

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.