“Don't fly with American”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 10 January 2021

Me and my son were supposed to fly from Detroit Michigan to Tulsa Oklahoma on January 2nd. Our first plane was delayed because they over fueled the aircraft which made us arrive in Chicago after our layover had already left. After spending 4 hours in the airport working with American Airlines they were unable to get us on another flight within the next two days. The individual at the ticket counter told us that since this was the fault of American Airlines that if we were to rent a car and drive they would reimburse us for the rental car and hotel and our ticket cost. So to clarify after buying my tickets and spending that money I had to come out of pocket all these additional expenses and now drive because that was the only option they had for us. So we did exactly as American Airlines said and rented the car and drove. After I filed for a reimbursement totaling $742.76 for all the expenses they agreed to refund they now backed out and are unwilling to refund us anything but offered us a $125 flight voucher and apologized for our inconvenience. They directly lied to us and tricked us. Don't fall for it.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank 123,432,145,396
Write a reviewReviews (72,657)

Reviewed 10 January 2021

They took/check in my baby stroller when not supposed, I got it back damaged and the AA did nothing about. I contacted about my problem and they found millones of reasons not to help me.

Date of travel: December 2020
Reviewed 10 January 2021

No social distancing on the plane. The plan was loaded from front to back which took very long. Will only fly delta from now on.

Reviewed 9 January 2021

Enjoyed my flight to New Orleans slept like a baby!! Would recommend to anyone. If you scared of heights don’t sit by the window.

Reviewed 8 January 2021

Airline is terrible. Ground staff is rude, they don't care about your experience as long as that payment goes through. Flew first class paid for a fairly expensive vacation package only for many of their advertised features and expectations to not be true. Both legs of my flight was delayed due to mechanical issues and once due to a ground crew getting locked onto our fight in error. They don't value being on time and can care less for your comfort. Prepaid for a rental car that was oversold and not available upon arrival. Over promised on my hotel amenities via their own website; over promised on my first class amenities also via their website. Customer Relations is very prepared for your complaints and won't hear you out. They will do only refunds required legally and we felt cheated out of thousands of dollars. Don't fly them ever. Maybe they need to cease operations because they apparently don't care to make their customers happy.

2  Thank derekmO7436OM
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.