“A Bit of a Mix-Up but All's Well That Ends Well”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 10 December 2019

I nearly missed my flight because of a gate change. I missed the announcement on the plane because I couldn't hear it and the airline was supposed to text me with any updated information. They never sent a text with the gate change. I started to get suspicious when I didn't see anyone waiting at the gate to board. Just as I was going to ask I heard "final boarding call for flight 4760 to Providence." I ran as fast as I could up the terminal 5 gates carrying a heavy backpack and arriving out of breath just in time. I was able to get on the plane. They bumped someone from standby they had given my seat to for me to get on that flight. Another couple arrived just after me. They were not given seats together. I offered to switch with the husband so they could sit together but they didn't mind.

This is the smallest plane I've been on. It was full but I was still near the middle of the plane.

The flight took off on time and everything went smoothly. We arrived a bit early.

Date of travel: October 2019
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (72,619)

Reviewed 10 December 2019

My flight from Chicago to Columbus (# 3485) was First Class. The gentleman on board who served as my flight attendant was Doug Milam. He was first class himself all the way through. He was so thorough and attentive to our needs!!! Everyone in First Class agreed that Doug made the flight so special!!!! His personality was very ingratiating and he actually made the flight go quick!!!!!!! (Ha ha!!). Doug is the essence of why I want to keep flying American!!! Total professional and an American All STAR!!!!!!!!!! Thanks again Doug for all you did!!!! You’re the best!!!!!!!!!

Date of travel: December 2019
Reviewed 10 December 2019

I have always had a great flying experience when flying American for my annual business trip from Orlando to Las Vegas. I fly first class, because of the extra room (I am a big guy), the leg room alone makes it worth it. The in flight meals are ok, but nothing too great. But , better than just a snack as served in coach. I also have to have wheelchair assistance, and although I do not think it is run by the airline, they are always there waiting with the wheelchair to get me on and off the plane. The attendants are always nice and courteous. I highly recommend American for your flying needs.

Date of travel: November 2019
1  Thank ted s
Reviewed 10 December 2019

My flight from Seattle to Chicago (# 1045) was First Class. My First Class attendants were Jeannine Ceferin and Corinne. (JFK TWA hotel). These two attendants were fantastic!!!!! This is the reason I remain an EP with American!!! Super flight attendants!!!!!! That is so important with all my travel. They were so nice and super attentive to all of our needs in First Class. They came around multiple times with drinks, food, and just great personalities!!! Keep up the great work American and have these two ladies teach a class on how to be successful and keep the customers happy!!!!!

Date of travel: December 2019
Reviewed 10 December 2019

When traveling and purchasing 2 tickets at the same time with my advantage credit card and long in advance we should have sat next to each other. I traveled with my brother and he sat one row behind and at the opposite end on a 9 seat row large airplane. What made it worse the person sitting next to me was with the person sitting next to my brother they also flew economy.

Date of travel: November 2019
1  Thank Martin O
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.