“Good flights from Austin - Dallas and on to Maui”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Started on 8AM flight AA#2231 to DFW. Nice flight that's really about 45 min. Then in coach Extended Seating on AA#119 from 11:10 - 3:44 about 8 1/2 hour flight. The extra room was well worth the money. The seat back TV's allowed me to watch parts of 5 movies. There was a nice wrap & chips snack and complimentary drinks. The Flight Attendants were pleasant and helpful. We were hoping to get a 1st class return flight on a Boeing 777 but AA just added a 7,500 mile surcharge to 1st Class HI flights with lie flat seating.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (52,252)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Fast check in, easy lines with good customer service and support. The plane had enough leg room to not be a problem, quick food service during the flight, went through a snow storm and the pilot kept us informed at all times.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was longer flight for me than usually, but it went smooth and relatively quick. There was a lot of new movies to watch. I was very tired, but I couldn't skip opportunity to watch at least one movie. Service was good.
Overall I was satisfied.

RomanP

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Due to the government shut-down we wanted to change our flight. American could not think outside the box and refused to help out in this crisis. They were still going to charge us $200 to change Each ticket. I asked for Corporate information. They did not have that information. Unhelpful, ignorant, and in their own world during a crisis. Not good people.

1  Thank MoriahArgal
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Flying from Tuscon, AZ to Sarasota, Fl, I had a tight connection in Texas. On other airlines, they're often aware of short connection times and will ask passengers to remain seated until connecting passengers have had a chance to de-plane and rush to their next terminal. This did not happen on this AA flight. So it took a good 20 minutes to get off the plane. I hurried to the next terminal. It was about 10 minutes before scheduled take-off. The plane was still there (I could see it), but the gate was closed and the gate agent was gone. No gate agents at the nearby AA gates either, so I had to go all the way outside security to the ticketing desk to address the missed connection. There were no more flights to my original destination, so I switched to a flight into Tampa, FL (about 1.5-2 hours away from Sarasota by car). The next problem was that despite the fact that I did not board my original connection, AA still put my bag on that plane. So my bag went to Sarasota airport, and I went to Tampa. When I got on the ground, they told me my bag was in Sarasota. They thought. Not sure. Long-story-short, when they still could not tell me for sure (via phone or internet) where my bag was the next day, I drove the 40 minutes to the Sarasota airport and found my bag myself. All-in-all, a very frustrating experience.

The flight attendants on board were very nice. Baggage and ticketing staff seemed unhelpful (or unknowledgeable) and confused.

Date of travel: December 2018