“Luggage Shambles”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 3 April 2018

First time flying with this Airline and it was not a pleasant experience. Passengers are allowed to take a full size cabin case on board along with a back pack and are then allowed to store both in the overhead luggage bin. This results in no space being available for half of the passengers waiting to board, who are then told to go and get labels for their hand luggage to go in the hold. Having discussions with a customer service advisor was a complete waste of time. Never again, if I can help it, will I fly with this outfit.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (39,752)

Reviewed 3 April 2018

The flight attendants didn't do the safety check on the passengers before take-off. They just walked to their sitting positions.There was a pilot sitting next to me who closed the blind before take-off and kept his cell phone and I-Pad out on the tray table and used them through-out take-off, flying time and landing. The person across the aisle had their seat reclined and the passenger on the other side of me continued using her Whatsapp messenger service before and during Take-off. The screen above my head was out of order and remained in the dropped-down position throughout the flight as it never folded back up.I didn't feel that they took the safety seriously.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Flying out of Syracuse has two options...really early or run the risk of cancelled flight.
I always fly early to avoid the risk of cancellations but this requires being at the airport at a ridiculous early time of day.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I was completely prepared to write a scathing review of AA flights, based on the tight seats (despite having paid extra for bulkhead seats), poor food and the entertainment screen that went dead halfway through the flight. Awful!
But I have to give the flight crew all the credit in the world for helping me recover from AA's otherwise poor service. They tried repeatedly to fix the entertainment device (which they finally did in time for the last hour of the flight) and provided some recompense for the lack of entertainment for 3 hours of an 8 hour flight. The flight attendants deserved an Excellent rating, but the seats and food made that impossible. Without their efforts, my rating would have been Very Poor.
Why can't AA provide the same comfort and service as Korean Air and Qatar Air, or even Delta, in economy class?

Reviewed 3 April 2018

The last 3 times I've flown AA at least one of the legs had a delay due to maintenance of the plane. My vacation flight in 2017 had 3 legs and the 1st 2 had delays totaling 6 1/2 hrs. This last time was a 7 hr delay in LAX on the 1st day of my vacation to Hawaii. I was compensated with miles since I had booked with miles, however, that doesn't make up for lost vacation time. I think IF I take AA again it will be on the way home when vacation is over. They seem to have low priority for the proper functioning of their planes.