“1st class nothing like it”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed December 15, 2017 via mobile

You know I did not pay that much more for first-class but was it well worth it. Leg room, good food, comfortable chairs. The lay over in Miami let us go to the Flagship club. What a beautiful place, super clean, sparking bathrooms and showers, blood Mary's in the morning if you want, full buffet, great staff once inside the door.
Coffee, juice, bakery things and cheeses in a small side area. Lounge style chairs for a nap, plug ins galore.
What a great way to spend a 5 hour lay over

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (34,540)

Reviewed December 15, 2017

I have repeatedly had the worst experiences of my life flying on American airlines. I have been delayed a total of 45 hours at airports around the country, and have never had this problem with any other airline. I would never advise anyone to use American Airlines, unless you are travelling over an ocean drive before setting foot on an aircraft from this company. I am legitimately impressed by the low quality of customer service, flight timing, and overall experience. Walking across the Sahara Desert on hot coals would be a less excruciating experience than boarding a one hour flight with this joke of an airline. My only hope is that none of my children ever have to go through what I have experienced and witnessed trying to fly with this abomination of a company.

Reviewed December 15, 2017 via mobile

Tues/Wed 12/13th We flew from Charlotte to Heathrow. It was on time leaving Charlotte and early to Heathrow; the food was good; nice choice of films; precise announcements; comfy seats. The stewards were particularly good - my wife was taken ill on the flight and the stewards did everything above and beyond the call of duty. We will recommend AA but we cannot remember the names of the wonderful stewards.

1  Thank JSRuby
Reviewed December 14, 2017

When on board, one lady was trying to put her bag into the overhead locker and couldn't manage it. The Cabin Crew woman in her 50s at least shrieked at her "If you can't lift it, you shouldn't have had it on board!" followed by "We don't lift bags, we don't get paid for that"

A kind gentleman offered to lift the bag for her.

Later on we were all offered Ice Cream in tubs. I noticed it was chocolate flavoured and thinking it might be like the cinema with different choices handed out, asked if she had another flavour. Her response was shouted to me "You get one choice on this flight!"

She like the rest of the crew was sullen, not smiling and totally unpleasant. They all seemed to be totally fed up and didn't want to work on board. Not one of them smiled or said thank you for anything. Not even when people were handing in the rubbish to them.

How on earth this airline won Airline of the Year! beggars belief.

The Cabin Crew on a second flight from Haiti to New York were fractionally better. I had one staff member smile at me. But otherwise the rest were the same.

Cabin Crews on this service are the worst I have ever flown with and I have flown a lot.

American Airlines needs to change the attitude of their staff or they will lose all their business within the next 5 years.

4  Thank TJ H
Reviewed December 14, 2017

This is a review of AA’s international premium economy product (not to be confused with MCE) on its 787-9 aircraft. In late 2016, AA introduced premium economy (PE) on its long-haul fleet. So far, PE can be found on its 787-9 and selected 777-200 fleet. I flew AA PE on a roundtrip from LAX to Tokyo (NRT) on the 787-9. On the ground, PE passengers receive AA Priority service – dedicated check-in counter, Priority-tagged luggage and priority security screening where available. However, there is no lounge access.
Once on board, you will find a mini-cabin of only three rows of PE seats arranged in 2-3-2 configuration. The width of the leather seat measures 19-inch while the pitch is 38-inch – this is on par with other existing PE products found in Asian and European carriers. The first row seats feature a full leg-rest while the other two rows have small foot-bar that extends down from the seat in front of you. As someone who is taller, I prefer the foot-bar over the leg-rest. Meals and mid-flight snacks are served on fine china trays and are both delicious and well-presented. Rather than pushing the service cart down the aisle to distribute the meals, the FAs would take the order and then bring out the tray from the galley area. Overall, you can think of the seats and the meals as similar to the domestic first class seats. My only (minor) complaint about the seat is that I had hoped for a deeper recline. There are two lavatories in the front of the PE cabin, one of which was an oversized one – so it is quite convenient. IFE system is good with a huge selection of movies, TV shows and music. The LA-based cabin crew of both flights were friendly and attentive.
In sum, I was quite impressed with both the hard and soft product of AA’s premium economy offering. Also, I found the pricing to be competitive.

2  Thank Dennis L