“The airline is ok but their booking system let me down one too many times”
Review of Alitalia

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I used to always fly with Alitalia, they fly to and from convenient airports, the service is good, the flights are usually on time and if booked in advance, tickets are not too expensive. However this is the second time now my husband and I have to fly at the same time but with two different airlines thanks to Alitalia's stupid booking system. The first time we thought we had just been unlucky but now it's happened again.
We book our Christmas flights around Easter time to get good deals. We do not need to board two big suitcases so it is financially more sound for us to book one the Economy light and one Economy Classic ticket. Unfortunately with Alitalia's online booking system it is not possible to book two different class tickets together, so we have to book them separately. By doing so, this is the second time that of the two bookings done at the exact same time, mine goes through and my husband's doesn't. After a few attempts we have to start his booking process again, only to find out that the outbound ticket has gone up £70 within seconds. There was no indication that there was only one seat left at that price. So my husband had to go and book similar flights with British Airways, at similar times and for a now much more convenient price.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (10,818)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The flight was on time. That was the only plus side. The food was mediocre. Cold when it was supposed to be hot. The crew members were rude and unattentive. I asked for water and the flight attendant threw something she had on her hand and spoke to the other attendant in Italian and gave me the water with the worst attitude. I had to hold the headphone plug the entire flight because it would not work and the flight was full.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Flight Attendant could not get the dishes from a passenger and poured food on me! He couldn't speak english well and he just left! When I complained they provided me two wet blanket! Imagine I was in the begging of such a long flight, I have on cloths on my carry on and they didn't even apologize! And they said it was not their problem. The aggressive chief flight attendant told me there were many passengers and only 4 flight attendants and so they are not responsible for this kind of stuff! It's been three months and although I wrote a complaint they are still processing it! After this happened other passengers talked to me and said Alitalia is the option only if there is no other empty flight. It seems every body know this flight is bad. I never make this huge mistake again!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I flew from NYC to Rome using Alitalia as they co-shared with Delta. From the beginning it was a hassle. I could not get seats assigned as Delta would tell me that Alitalia had to do it and when I tried on Alitalia's website I had to call. When I spoke to representative at Alitalia I was assigned seats but then they didn't save as the seats would keep disappearing. It was frustrating process.

As for the flights themselves it was one of my worst experiences. The boarding process took forever, crew was unfriendly, seats were uncomfortable and the overall flight was unpleasant. I was on a 11:25pm flight hoping to catch some sleep but with the cabin crew constantly going back and forth it was impossible. Also had people just standing around and chatting in the aisles and no crew member told them anything.

Please save yourself the aggravation and fly with another airline.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

it was a regular flight, on time fly out and on time fly in so that's always good. The thing that I don't like about those short flights is that they always have one option of snacks always is has to be something sweet... not all of us can eat sweets, always an other option of a snack is welcome. Other thing which I really don't like about Alitalia is that they forbid you to listen to music during take off - why ?!? ALL flights and all major airline let you do it!! why I can't listen to music it relaxes me much more than strange sounds of the air plain and loudly talking stewards about safety features (heard it and see it million of times).

Regular flight nothing outstanding, thanks for getting me safe to Rome ;)