“Thanks for helping me when Missed My Flight! ”
Review of Alaska Airlines

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

Yes, I was that person who missed my international Flight and I was devasted..Ruben at the service counter was very understanding and with the help of his Supervisor Armando was able to get me on the next available flight out of LAX.. Thanks So Much for Saving My Escape!

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (10,720)

Reviewed 20 February 2018

Alaska is my airline of choice and I prefer flying this airline whenever possible. On a recent return flight from San Diego we had an unusually experience (for us). After a long week at Disneyland and San Diego (I know, not exactly worthy of your sympathy!) we arrived early for our flight and made our way to the gate prior to boarding. Soon it was announced there was a mechanical issue on our flight which might delay boarding by 30 minutes or less so we should stay in the gate area. 90-minutes later we finally boarded. Once in our seats we were told catering had not been able to service the flight due to the mechanical work so there would be no food! What? No fruit and cheese packs?? Then the pilot told us the craft had not been connected to auxiliary power while parked which completely drained two batteries. So on the one hand there was a "mechanical failure" which was really human error with a domino effect of no food (which they had to know while we were all standing around the gate area!). On the other hand, great flight crew who made the best of a difficult situation. We arrived later than expected but none the worse for wear. Even after this mis-step Alaska is still my airline of choice!

Reviewed 20 February 2018

Alaska has more leg room than some airlines, but we had booked this trip 6 months in advance and had aisle seats for both of us as my husband is quite tall and I detest middle seats, so we sit opposite other. When we printed out boarding passes the day before the flight, I noticed that we had different seats, a window and a middle seat. This was very cramped and we were not happy, especially since we had booked so far ahead. Theflight was full, so hope of changing seats. When I emailed Alaska later, they gave the most ridiculous answer and never did say why we were changed, just something about unforseen circumstances, or something equally vague. I had also asked what I needed to do to make sure it never happens again, no response to that. Which makes me reluctant to fly Alaska again.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

I am really trying to like Alaska Airlines. They purchased my beloved Virgin America, and they are not a bad airline. The flight experience though - especially in first class - does just not measure up.

Of course, there are the obvious hard product letdowns, Alaska fits 16 seats in their first class cabin compared to VA's 8...so leg room and recline take a big hit. Also no in seat entertainment, massage function, etc. Not much that can be done about this.

But, Alaska could take a page from VA when it comes to service. For example, they could offer preflight drink service like VA, offer more and better snacks, provide quick refills, and just up the service level in general.

Flying Alaska as compared to the old VA reminds me of comparing the old USSR to the USA back in the day. Since Alaska has taken over VA I am actively seeking a new preferred airline...Alaska just is not providing an experience anywhere as good.

1  Thank Tim C
Reviewed 20 February 2018

This is the first time we used Alaska Airlines and we were happy with them. We might fly with them again.