“Inadequate incompetent ground crew in Punta Cana, passenger planed delays for cargo transport”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The worst possible ground crew met us in Punta Cana to board our return flight to MOntreal.
We paid 4 business class tickets to celebrate a special event for my family.
The crew did not respect any form of priority boarding and lost complete crowd control.
The crew did not speak English and were generally rude to passengers not speaking Spanish.
The crew could not “ deal” with mobile Covid tests nor boarding passes.
The crew asked us to reproduce passports, COVID test and boarding passes 5 times between the desk and the plane, always in a rude manner.
The tarmac security was screaming in Spanish and it took a good fluent traveller to tell us he wanted us to put our carry on the ground for dogs to sniff.
And as it wasn’t enough… once boarded the inboard crew delayed the plane to allow for a late cargo to be put on the plane !

Never again will we travel business class to the Dominican Republic with Air Canada.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (26,769)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My elderly parents arrived at the airport this morning being told that there was not enough crew to fly their plane out from Windsor to Toronto. They are coming to visit us before I give birth to take care of our 18 month old daughter while we are at the hospital. My 85 year old father and my mother with osteoarthritis who hate long car rides had to take a 4 hour taxi voucher to Toronto and catch a plane from there to Montreal. What should have been a 2 hour travel day turned into a 8 hour travel day. They were not offered a flight travel voucher nor first class on their travel out of Toronto. This is the most ludicrous customer service I have ever witnessed. It is not ok for a company that has the means to treat their customers this way. I have tried to call Air Canada and I am told that they are too busy to take any calls at the moment. I am concerned for my parents and feel disappointed and disrespected by the company. It is unacceptable to put an elderly couple on a taxi to Toronto as if you are offering them a free ride so they should feel grateful with this option. I used to be a loyal customer of air canada but this has seriously changed my opinion on the values of this company and I will be looking elsewhere for my travel options in the future.

Reviewed 22 August 2021

Received an email at 10:30 pm cancelling our 6:00 am flight the next day. Connecting flight was cancelled, and the re-book was TWO DAYS LATER. After waiting on hold for 1.5 hours, the representative (who was very professional) could not put us on an earlier flight because it would have been a (slight) upgrade. I asked to speak with a Supervisor, and was told there are no Supervisors in the call centre. So, we drove 4 hours to YYZ, only to be told that there are no Air Canada ticket agents or Customer Service at the country's largest airport. On the way, we tried to call again, and they were so busy, we could not even get put in a hold queue. Fortunately, we went to the baggage counter at YYZ, and another very professional (and helpful) employee got us onto an earlier flight.

Summary: the Executives in Montréal need to get out of their Ivory Tower and learn lessons in customer service and accommodation (and fly in middle seat economy - not First Class)

1  Thank Isleview923
Reviewed 22 August 2021

Rude,Slow, mean, incompetent check in staff. Spent an hour checking in and had me miss my flight. Drove me out of the line like a thug after wasting my time

Reviewed 21 August 2021

I'm so upset with Air Canada. I travelled with my wife and my 2 kids. We had connection flight in Vancouver. Our bags never arrived , 6 bags never arrived. We had to file for our luggages. They were so rude to us over the phone , my wife she used to spend over 3 hours on hold and they were accusing her of receiving the luggages and we never did. All our essential stuff and clothes are lost. I will never ever travel or recommend them to anyone.

Date of travel: August 2021
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.