“Baggage Charges.”
Review of Aer Lingus

Reviewed June 13, 2024

Was hit with baggage charges on a case I have used many times on this route. Difference between regional baggage size and regular is so marginal leads me to believe it has been done this way just to catch people out.
I know my bag fits in the overhead locker
A significant number of people had the same issue.
No better than Ryanair. Would have expected better off our national airline.

Reviewed June 13, 2024

2 hour delay at airport, turned out plane had to be replaced, still not sure why, replacement plane was a different type, we had paid for extra leg room seats which were 30 A & C, when we boarded plane it had a different seating plan 30 A & C were not extra leg room seats but the next row in front of us was, we spoke to cabin crew who explained the plane change and said we can claim the money which we paid back for the seats back.
Anyway that wasn't the point, we didn't want anyone in front of us in case they recline the seats as my wife gets a bit claustrophobic.
Half way through the flight, the 2 people sitting in front of us (who were traveling separately) told us hadn't paid for the extra leg room, they were issued the seats when they checked in at the airport.
We didn't have the best of flights, but the cabin crew were good.
Getting on to refund, I emailed Aer Lingus as soon as we hit the hotel, I know some company's put a time limit on claims and we wouldn't be back in the UK for about 3 weeks.
The refund process is horrendous, you cant speak to the refund department, everything is done by email, its now ben a month since putting a claim in for the refund, you can phone and speak to someone in a call centre, but they cant access your claim so cant tell you anything, they just say you have to wait up to 3 weeks for a reply to an email, I got an email of them 29th May asking for flight details, it was on the first email, good job I paid with my credit card, I can see a charge back coming.
Wont be flying with Aer Lingus any time soon.

Date of travel: May 2024
Reviewed June 13, 2024

Aer Lingus lost our bags for 12 days on a trip from Dulles to Paris. They had no idea where the bags were. They called every day to ask me the same questions over and over but could not provide me any information as to where my bags were. One day they scheduled delivery of one of my bags and delivered the wrong bag. Every day they would say we should receive them by tomorrow. That didn't happen until day 11 for 1 bag and 12 days for the other, only because I changed my travel plans and went to the Milan airport to get it. Otherwise, I would not have received it before my cruise the following day. Now that I am home, I have submitted the paperwork for all the items I needed to purchase to make it those 12 days. It wasn't much, but still totaled about $700 Euros. Considering I had to buy additional luggage, make up, toiletries, clothes, medicine, that wasn't a lot.
Today I got an email telling me they would be sending me a check for $237 dollars for my troubles. What a joke. I tried to call them to discuss it, but they do not have a contact number for this department. What great customer service.
I recommend never flying with Aer Lingus. I know I never will, not even to Dublin.

Date of travel: May 2024
Reviewed June 13, 2024

Smallest seats ever. So cramped you can hardly get in or out. Thank God the person in front of me did not put his seat back. At least movie took my mind off it. Connecting flight was also aer lingus NO tv screen. Are you kidding me ? No tv no internet no nothing for 2 more hours. I will never fly with them again

Reviewed June 13, 2024

It’s like the spirit airline for international. Very limited services. The guy next to me asked for a full can of coke and the flight attendant said they have limited number. Also they announced that they have limited amount of food. The flight attendants are not pleasant.

• Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.