“Never again”
Review of Aer Lingus

Reviewed June 7, 2024

Our recent experience with Aer Lingus, our first with the airline, will regrettably be our last. We encountered late departures, delayed boarding, and avoidable delays within the airline's control. Of the four flights we booked, two were significantly delayed by the airline's actions. One delay caused us to miss a connecting flight, leaving us stranded for 23 hours. Rebooking the flight involved standing in line for four hours with about 80-90 other passengers facing similar issues. Despite traveling with small children, no priority was given, and there was no effort to bring in additional staff to expedite the process.

The aircraft used for our flights were old, worn, and outdated. On our eight-hour flight, the in-flight entertainment systems were broken, and with the flight fully booked, no alternatives were offered. The seating was similarly aged and lacked necessary maintenance.

This unfortunate experience has ensured that we will not be flying with Aer Lingus again.

Date of travel: June 2024
2  Thank 113lalal

Reviewed June 7, 2024

Travelled from Dublin to Boston with my 7 year old Autistic son - his first international flight and from boarding in Dublin to getting off in Boston the aer lingus staff were angels and went above and beyond to help my son feel safe and comfortable. (Paula and Nicole/Nicola were the two flight attendants for our seats).We had booked through a TA and they hadn't booked our seats so when the seats we were allocated didn't suit the flight attendants had us moved to more suitable suits before we could even ask. Throughout the flight they came to check on us and make sure my wee boy was happy and comfortable...they even listened as he chatted away about planes (his latest special interest). It was the most stress free flight I've taken in a long time. I'll definitely be flying with them again and would for sure recommend them to others.

Date of travel: May 2024
1  Thank Patrice W
Reviewed June 5, 2024

Beware on seating. I got my ticket via Chase points. What I did not know was that Aer Lingus will not let those who are ticketed this way select seats in advance online -- even if you are willing to pay extra for a seat. Only those who buy tickets directly with Aer Lingus or their partners can select seats online. I am tall and can not be comfortable in a middle seat. Also wanted to sit with someone. My two flghts were totally full so it was especially bad. Needless stress imposed. But this is their policy. I will look at United or others next time I fly to Ireland. I had flown Aer Lingus before but my opinion has now changed very much for the negative.

Date of travel: May 2024
1  Thank Yamnaya
Reviewed June 5, 2024

Seats were broken & toilet was disgusting. Before takeoff one unbelievable grumpy member of staff opened the overhead locker & proceeded to empty it. She informed me that my large winter coat was not allowed neither was the handbag of the passenger behind me. Then a passenger from business class walked down to the locker & placed her coat & handbag above us. No gate on arrival was available & it was pouring of rain only consolation was my large winter coat was waterproof.

Date of travel: November 2023
1  Thank barbaraaN6366MD
Reviewed June 5, 2024

Went through ok, bag checked all ok….returned and had to pay £35 for bag…?..yet went over ok….disgusting disgraceful and total rip off…

Date of travel: June 2024
2  Thank charliep707
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.