“Worst Airline I’ve Ever Flown With In My 22 Years of Existence”
Review of Aer Lingus

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This airline was absolute garbage. First, our flight which was supposed to leave at 5:10 left at 6:30 over an hour late with no explanation as to why. As a result, we missed our connecting flight to Berlin and had to sit in Dublin Airport for 12 hours. We were not the only ones with connections in fact 99% of the flight had connecting flights that they all missed because of the nonsense delay. On our flight out of Munich trying to go back to the United States (Dulles Airport), we arrived to the airport only to learn that Aer Lingus cancelled all their flights out of Munich. We were rescheduled on a flight the following day through British Airways without this information being sent to us before hand. We were sat in the airport next to a family of 6 that were also in the same boat at us only their flight out was in two days. My father was on hold with Aer Lingus for about an hour. Their response to our situation that THEY had put us in was “oh sorry”. Only compensation we received was given once we submitted receipts to PROVE we were outted money because of their nonsense. Never ever ever EVER fly this airline unless you want to have a horrible time trying to get to your destination.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked and paid for two seats in June 2023, I booked the smart category so selected seats and had 23kg checked in bags. Three days before our flight we were told that due to an aircraft change our seats were moved. We had booked two seats at the side together but were moved to centre aisle seats two rows apart. To make matters worse the change was to a llarger .aircraft it really put a damper on our holiday.

1  Thank M5376FXmartinm
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was the first experience I had with them and it was terrible. Though they had a mechanical issue and had to cancel the flight, they kept us on the plane until 2:30 (5 hours) just sitting there) and everyone had to leave and wait to get accommodations. They passed out bags of chips and them the employees were huddled together eating muffins while 400 of us stood there tired. One employee told me I should be thankful to his God the plane didn’t take off because we would have not made it. The hotel they sent us to was in a bad area. There were gunshots going off all night. No meal accommodations, the breakfast was bread and we got 4 hours of sleep by the time we got there at 4 am. It cost us a day and a half of travel tickets and $200 extra. He said submit for reimbursement on the site “way way at the bottom” of the site but it does not exist.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I'm 24 weeks pregnant and traveled to Greece with my husband! I felt ill during the flight and Gavin and his team of flight attendants were extremely attentive and kind to us.
5 Stars team!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I flew with Aer Lingus and it was fine, it was very nice, but in some places it was not very well cleaned, but it was good and that's why I give Aer Lingus 4 stars

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Dorota M
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.