“Terrible experience”
Review of Aer Lingus

Reviewed 4 March 2021

I cannot stress how bad this airline is. I would say to avoid it as much as you can

I applied for a voucher after my flight schedule changed and then called the company because I changed my mind. I knew it was a long shot to cancel the voucher and keep my tickets, but the agent told me it was possible, and that she would cancel the voucher request and I could keep my tickets.

However, four days before my flight I checked the app and it said my tickets were cancelled. I called the company and the agent said that my voucher is being processed and I can't keep my tickets. When I told him that the previous agent assured me my tickets were still valid and that if I knew I would have booked new tickets way earlier and not pay this much, he started getting sarcastic and saying that I knew what I was doing when I applied for a voucher. He blamed it entirely on me and didn't take any responsibility.

Apart from that, the day of my flight, we boarded on the plane and ten minutes later we were told there were technical issues. We had to get off, and we have been waiting at the lounge for one hour. I am still here, and we still haven't been told what to do. I will also miss my train, and I'll have to get new tickets for that as well.

Date of travel: March 2021
1  Thank 803dimitrak
Write a reviewReviews (11,963)

Reviewed 4 March 2021

The Aer Lingus advertising and websites are full of reassurances that if you book a flight, you can get a voucher if you need to change it. In practical terms, this is an outright lie. If you pay for a flight, fully expect never to see that money again, whether or not you travel, and whatever the stated policy may be.
I trusted their marketing a year ago, and booked a flight that I had do cancel due to the Covid pandemic. I waited patiently for my voucher. Then I called. I was told it was being escalated, and that it would come through soon. I called back when nothing happened. I waited for an hour on the phone many times. I had to book a new flight, and pay for it without the credit, six months after the voucher was promised. A full year later, they are still saying that they apologize for the delay, that the refunds are "random" and they have no information, and nonetheless not to worry, that it should be coming soon - the same empty words that they have been saying every month or so for the last year. If this were an individual, we would understand that they were at best unreliable, and more likely a con artist evading an agreement.

Date of travel: April 2020
1  Thank doeitright
Reviewed 2 March 2021

I felt i had to write this review to highlight the compassionate and wonderful service i received from both Ameera and Salma who were working on the check in desk at Heathrow airport on Sunday Feb 28th around 9am.

I was travelling from Barbados through to Dublin to get home to take care of my mum who will be released soon from hospital after having Covid.

Needless to say it was a stressful journey for me and I hadnt slept at all on the 8 hour overnight flight from Barbados.

Salma and Ameera went above and beyond to ensure i got through on an earlier flight to Dublin with no stress or worry.

They were very professional and made the whole experiene much less stressful for me.

I will always be greatful to both of them..

Date of travel: February 2021
Reviewed 25 February 2021

Flew for a death in the family had to extend my trip because of funeral. Requested the airline to change our return flight and they did not do so. Had to purchase a new ticket and chose Virgin to fly back home.

Date of travel: March 2020
    • Food and Beverage
Reviewed 16 February 2021

Goverment restrictions prevented travel.

Ryan Air - Full Refund
Brisithc Airways - Full Refund
3 x AirBnBs - Full Refund

Aer Lingus - Struggling to remember my name, constant lies and losing my case information meaning I have to start from scratch.

Date of travel: April 2020
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.