“Great Service”
Review of AirAsia - Philippines AirAsia

Reviewed April 22, 2019

Due to the air traffic in Naia, all flights going in and out of Manila has been delayed. My flight which was scheduled to depart Cebu by 8:50pm was re-scheduled to 12:45am. But the ground crew of AirAsia was kind enough to booked me into an earlier flight, and I was able to depart Cebu at 9:05pm. I have to commend her for going above and beyond her duty to just inform me of the delay and process my boarding pass. But she made an effort to help me search for an earlier flight, without even me asking for it. For me, that is what real service is about! Kudos to Philippines AirAsia for hiring "thinking" ground personnel. Two Thumbs Up!!!

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank Max G

Reviewed April 22, 2019

My family travelled to Seoul in March and had a really good experience with AirAsia. Here are the points why I said so:

PROS:
-Flight boarded early and departed on time
-We travelled with a kid so the customer service was exceptional in reference to providing priority boarding to families travelling with children
-We were provided with the necessary safety equipments for Andrei (kid) before boarding

CONS:
-The food was a bit of an issue. I ordered Beef Tapa from the inflight menu. Though the food was generally warm, the rice was already stale and a bit hard to chew.
-There was no inflight entertainment on board in this flight, not even music so better have your phones ready to entertain fro the whole 4.5 hours flight duration to Korea
-The seats were okay though the legroom was not that great. Understandably, this is a low cost carrier thus maximizing the available space was imperative for the company. Good thing the 3 seat row we were in only had myself, my wife and my 2 years old kid. FYI - my kid should have seated on our laps since we did not pay for his flight in full.
-Prior to departing, we were given immigration cards but not customs duty slip. The cabin crew claimed they already ran out of customs duty slip in English language so we got it at the airport at ICN instead

It was again an uneventful flight which had the pros and cons which I think is unavoidable sometimes. Nonetheless, it would have been perfect for the price we paid and yes we will take flights from this airline again if given the chance. Their low fare flights are comparatively lower than those other airlines offering the same.

Date of travel: March 2019
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed April 22, 2019 via mobile

I come from Europe and I have to admit that low cost airlines there are really bad. We were surprised with Air Asia as the check in was smooth, no fuss about our hand luggage (Eqsy Jet and Ryanair could also measure your butt to check if you are approved to fly with them lol), they also took our daughter’s stroller at the gate and ground staff was very polite. Flight attendants were also nice.
However, flying with a low cost always will cost you in time and discomfort. After landing the captain informed us that it will take 20mins to find a place topark. When we did find a place to park, the aircraft was parked way far from the jet bridge and had to wait to be pushed back and to the right place. This whole thing took us one hour (our flight was 1hr 55mins). You can imagine our ordeal to keep calm and busy a sleepy toddler. Also, during this time they should have offered some water as it was getting really hot and people were feeling thirsty. But again I guess this is why they call them low cost. All in all, I will opt out next time and try to find convenient flights with a proper airline. The details matter.

2  Thank frinip2019
Reviewed April 16, 2019

Departure and arrival; we had delayed for our flights. Suddenly changed their baggage restriction on the spot.

Date of travel: March 2019
Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

It’s my first and last flying with this airline. they don’t make announcements about boarding and delays, customer service is very poor they’re not accommodating at all, our flight is delay for 1.5hours we’re all sitting in the plane wondering what’s going on?! no complimentary water or food given neither apologize for the delay. i would highly suggest not to choose this airline for your future flights.

Date of travel: April 2019
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.