2boystravelling wrote a review Jun 2022
houston, tx41 contributions34 helpful votes
First off read all reviews with a grain of salt. I was a little worried after reading reviews stating the Carnival Vista was broken, missed/shortened Ports/Time but having just returned from a 7 day cruise on the Carnival Vista none of it was true ..or they have fixed the ship.
Cabin - Spa Balcony deck 11 room 110214 - the AC works great and kept the cabin really cool. No you don't hear any noises from the gym or spa on next level above. We found the bed to be very comfy, we like it more firm. Room was tended to once a day, but that was more than enough given the short staff.
Pools - Suck. 2 pools on Deck 10 are tiny and packed full of people. Havana Pool looked inviting but you had to pay to be in Havana Suite and access to pool..maybe worth it next cruise.
Entertainment - typical, just so.so. Singers are pretty good, but the dancers just don't have rhythm..very stiff. Comedians were ok, just gets hung up on a specific topic and that's it. IMAX was nice, didn't do the the Thrill Theatre. Skyride looked like everyone enjoyed.
Food - Guys Burger, The Taco shop and the BBQ joint were all a hit...really enjoyed them. Buffet in morning very basic, only ate once after first visit and didn't try for lunch or dinner. Sushi was good for extra charge. MDR good variety every night to try something different and not get bored with the food. The Dining checkin App is HORRIBLE, 3 nights had long lines of people trying to checkin, which is required, but the APP was broken or suffered performance.
Bartenders were good, we always get the Bubble drink package and the alcohol served is topshelf.
Ports of call - Jamaica - Montego Bay - avoid - nasty place , people not friendly. Grand Cayman - very clean - take a $5 taxi to Coral Beach - you won't be disappointed. Cozumel - seems every cruise stops here so we opted to find a local beach with chairs, umbrella and food/drink service - went to Playa Azul - very quiet area with beautiful water to snorkel and topnotch service.
Return to Galveston was on time if not a little early - just be patient for disembarkment, its a painfully slow process.
Will we do this ship again - probably not since we have done several Caribbean cruises and ready for something different...but it was a good value for what you get, just be prepared for the 4000 other people who are enjoying it also,
Sail Date: June 2022
Pools & Sundecks
Onboard Activities
Entertainment
1 Helpful vote
Scroll below for other great reviews

Carnival Vista

Interior (4A)
  Deluxe Ocean View (6L)

Cabins

Balcony
Cabin size: 185 - 260 sq. ft.
Connected rooms: 176
  • Filter
  • English
Lorraine G wrote a review Oct 2022
Las Vegas, Nevada23 contributions12 helpful votes
From our cruise director Savannah to the dinning room staff and especially our cabin steward "Leo" we could not have asked for a better vacation. We will miss cabin 6262 for a long time to come. The shows, the food, the ship board activities and the off ship excursions make this the best value fir your vacation dollars. If you are thinking about a vacation just book it with Carnival and with Vista departing from Galveston TX. I promise you will have an amazing time
The Truth W wrote a review Aug 2022
1 contribution
I went on this cruise because me and my family needed a break like many other people after Covid restrictions. We previously went on other cruises and had a wonderful time so why not. Well let me be honest. I wish we would have our money. The food was not that good. Lots of tasteless meals. The same repeated dishes on the buffets. Guys burgers was bland and they serve them with cold to like warm fries. It so bad that by Thursday I couldn’t eat another bite. I even settled for chicken nuggets at dinner. The meals just were not good or anything to brag on. Most people just kept going to the ice cream machine. Then the worst part was the manager Jeanine who was rude and not a good person at all. I accidentally booked a cruise and there was no one at the shore excursion desk to ask questions so I purchased online. Well we went on the excursion to a park in Cozumel. The only one they go too and we went before. However, they changed the tour and didn’t tell us. We had to pay for our own way to the park. Then we we got their there is a long line to get a arm band. There was not staff member at the park to assist any visitors. Many people were confused. The staff stood around speaking in Spanish and not helping or providing any customer service to us the guests. The one place to eat food was horrible!!! The drinks were watered down. We had enough and returned to the ship after paying again for transportation. I went immediately to the shore excursion desk and had to want for a return call from Jeanine she was hostile and hollering. She said s to sad so bad. We should have read the instructions on the small print. She was very ignorant and went all the way to the carnival cruise management with no help. Don’t do the Cozumel excursion. Jeanine I complained on her and the things she said and told them to fire her. They refused to give our money back after we only was gone two hours off the ship and immediately complained.Now those were the bad things so let me talk about some good things. The rooms were ok. We had a suite but the do need upgrades desperately. The water was hot when we needed it. Our room attendant was kind and remembered our names as they always do. The sofa bed was hard as a brick and even with a comforter it still was hard. But the room attendant was great. The room service was good also. The spa was great we had two each. The spa lady MiMi was wonderful and did really well. The others were great too. We compared notes after so no problems with the spa. The really disappointing thing was there is nothing for babies to do under two. They wouldn’t even let the babies play in the splash pad supervised. My grandson was so miserable. They don’t even watch them in the daycare because their Uber two years of age. Carnival should be ashamed of themselves. They could have events for all ages. The pools are small and old. A lot of people couldn’t swim cause it’s as so overcrowded. They also don’t have comfortable chairs for large people. The furniture is just as old as inside. I did like the Caribbean dj. Savannah was the person they had like a hype person. Everyone so so sick of her doing the same line dances. People was saying they was tired of hearing her voice. They overworked her. She was trying her hardest to help people have fun but it didn’t work. I would don’t go this cruise at all boring and to old. Bad food and management.
jeff S wrote a review Jul 2022
2 contributions
13 yr old daughter got a serious infection after being in stateroom for a few hours. we went to cruise doc and they said disembark immediately and go to Galveston emergency room. Carnival dropped us at dock and just left. No help or ride, or anything. Refunded $700 of $6000 for the family. Guess they felt the other 6 members should stay on board and enjoy the cruise while 13 yr old is having a medical emergency. They even kept the gratuities 7 people x$15 for 7 nights which we were on the ship for 4 hours total
Navarro_Julia wrote a review Jul 2022
Portland, Oregon63 contributions56 helpful votes
We stay in cabin 6212 I believe, the food on the ship was not the greatest, always basically the same thing for breakfast everyday. or lunch their were other options, but not a whole lot. For dinner we really like going with reservation as Delia and he team members were great i give them a 10+ . For the pools i have no words as they were always packed, we were not
Texas born, 👍🏼 wrote a review Jun 2022
Pottsboro, Texas1 contribution
Let’s talk ships. This ship traveled slower than the other carnival ships who left after we did and passed us on the way. Carnival said it was engine problem they they thought was fixed. Shore times cut short because of extra travel time needed. Food was processed and lacking flavor. Every day the same things were served with very little difference. The shows…..let’s see . How low can you rank. How many times a day can you play trivia or sing karaoke ? They had in over and over and over. Never again Carnival. I am telling everyone I can in every medium I can, that Carnival is a big joke and low class for a cruise line.