Luis S wrote a review Nov 2022
Wylie, United States40 contributions38 helpful votes
After not going on Royal Caribbean for 15 years I decided to give them a try again. IT WAS THE WORSE MISTAKE EVER. My Granddaughter got assaulted on the Ship and Security on the ship literally did not give a Damn we were told the report would be useless because we were in International waters and no one had jurisdiction except the FBI and they were not going to pursue an Assault Case. I persisted in getting a Report only to get treated as a piece of you know what by them. The report was done, then it took me 3 days to get a copy because everyone Ignored my request.

I asked to speak to the Cruise Director, he never showed up, I asked to speak to the Hotel Manager he never showed up and I asked to speak to the Hotel Director, (The main person in charge of everything on the ship besides the Captain) He never called. This ship is a WASTE OF YOUR MONEY. I was Informed by the Head Chief Security (whatever that meant) and he stated that there were several assaults because of a lack of Securities for the amount of people on board.

After arriving in Galveston we had the Customs waiting and they too were extremely rude and Informed us that a report would be done but nothing was going to be done by the FBI unless it was a sexual assault or higher. Basically while we were in the office we notice over 10 families that suffered one type of assault or another. I was not aware of how many incidents Royal has every cruise due to lack of protection and securities on board. DO NOT FALL FOR THEIR COMMERCIALS THIS IS A HEAVEN FOR CRIMINALS.

The whole cruise besides the shows was awful... The dining room served almost if not the same thing that they had on the lunch menu. The Buffet was the same thing over and over again. There were more people eating Pizza than in the restaurants. The staff in the service desk, buffet and even in the Restaurant all had a could care less attitude. I had approximately 10 to 15 arguments because I had a soda package and I didn't like the fountain drinks because most of the time they were flat and whenever I asked for a can they acted as if I was asking for free Liquor. This cruise ship fought with us on many occasions because they did not want to give me a can of soda vs a fountain drink. Yes we are talking about a can of soda that based on the amount of soda's they buy would probably cost the 50 cents at most.

This company is charging more for cruises, yet the have cut so may corners and have lowered their standards so much, I guess to make up the loss they had the last 2 years.

\I will be going to my congressman to see if legislature can be done to protect our US Citizens from crimes while on the ship. you all should do the same. Don't wait until you get assaulted to do the same.
Sail Date: November 2022
Dining
Pools & Sundecks
Onboard Activities
Entertainment
Scroll below for other great reviews

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas

Deck 3 layout
Cabins
  Interior (1V)
  Ocean View (2N)
  Ocean View Accessible (1N)
  Interior (2V)

Cabins

Balcony
Cabin size: 182 - 374 sq. ft.
Connected rooms: 390
  • Filter
  • English
Ann P wrote a review 22 Jan
Cedar Park, Texas22 contributions12 helpful votes
Fantastic experience on this ship! I was unsure as to how great it would be given it huge size, but it just allowed them to pack more fun and opportunity into my cruise. Loved the waitstaff who knew our names and preferences. The guy who taught me to use the Flow Rider body surfing area, the carousel, the amazing diving/water show, the ice skating, daily pickleball. It was fantastic.
M k P wrote a review 18 Jan
Houston, Texas199 contributions21 helpful votes
I am shocked to see anything other than 5 STAR reviews. This ship is astounding! I was amazed from the first moment I saw it on the horizon from my hotel room at dawn the morning we were leaving Galveston. Truly an amazing ship! EVERY SINGLE STAFF member from the time we arrived at the terminal was so nice friendly and helpful. Food was outstanding. We ate in the Windjammer almost every meal, except did love pizza, Johnny Rockets, and Izumi on our first night as a treat. Room service was wonderful and such delicious fruit! - balcony room couldn't have been better! We overlooked the Central Park. We went during the school year so there weren't very many children. The casino was so much fun! Ice capades show was exciting and fun! Pools were very closely monitored. Hot tubs weren't too hot, just right for relaxing and watching football! Zip line was exciting! Wave runner was a blast for my daughter! Our cabin steward was wonderful - always had our room made-up and so clean. There were SO MANY things to do on board! The Boardwalk was so much fun, shopping, eating, games, carousel!!! Parades the first 2 days! Balloon drop! Salute to servicemen! Cory was the best activities director! Couldn't have asked for a better vacation! Will definitely be going back before Allure goes to Florida at the end of 2023.
James M wrote a review 5 Jan
10 contributions1 helpful vote
This was our first adventure on a mega ship and the following are my thoughts. It's big, really big. But I never felt crowded and never really stood in line. Even on port days. Embarkation was very easy in Galveston. Mama Mia was exceptional. We have seen lots of musicals in San Antonio and the cast and production were better than most of those shows. Main dining room service and food were good. Chops was awesome. Giovanni's table was not worth the extra fee. Service was great. Food was just ok. Casino table limits were $10. Even during the day. This is too high for me since I am a casual gambler. Comedy and ice shows were very good. Please note that we made show reservations before getting on the ship. They are free but I highly recommend reservations or you may not get in. we reserved a cruise on a similar ship with an outside balcony instead of over the Boardwalk. The big negative regarding the ship is that water views are limited. Happy Cruising.
1 Helpful vote
loannefw wrote a review Dec 2022
Fort Worth, Texas15 contributions11 helpful votes
We took a cruise 12/11-12/18/22 from Galveston to Eastern caribbean. We are very impressed with the ship's amenities and entertaining. The shows are top notch! However, 2/3 rd of our group of 50 passengers came down with Covid towards the end. This is not the ship's fault, but the general assumption that masks are no longer necessary. With elevators packed I guess it was inevitable. The food in the restaurants was good, but the menu at the buffet was basically the same every day. The only international flavor was the Indian station that had curries every day. On the other hand the "Asian" station had only one boring stir fry dish every day even though there were plenty of Vietnamese, Chinese, Korean, Japanese. Other cruises we have taken had a much better variety.
CaptJason wrote a review Dec 2022
St. Augustine, Florida90 contributions37 helpful votes
Fabulous 13 days in route stops in Malaga Cartagena Portofino Italy and Rome. The ship was fabulous. Couldn’t feel the weather and seas at all. Great dining at every level. Crew was wonderful.Love the transatlantic timeframe where you can really relax.