“I'll never fly Flair again!”
Review of Flair Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Once I got to the airport, everything was fine ... but before? It was a nightmare. Their website is so poorly designed that it doesn't tell you that once you print your boarding pass you can no longer register your luggage ... and the boarding pass shows up first!

After going around and around (for 2 hours!), I gave up and tried to phone them. I was on "ignore" for 1.5 hours, and *still* didn't get to talk to anyone! I finally sent them an irate email (at about 6:00pm) asking what to do about my luggage and got an answer at 1:00am!

Once I got to the airport, it was all smiles and chuckles.

Never again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Like others, I have nothing positive to say about this airline. NOTHING.
We decided to give it a whirl because of the extremely low costs. It became immediately apparent that they do end up recouping costs from you somewhere along the line.......whether it is from one of their ridiculous rules like having to print your boarding pass off in advance or else they'll charge you $10 at airport, or the high cost they'll charge you if you want to check a bag. My advice to anyone wanting to book on this airline - do your research. The amount of articles being posted on airplane failure is alarming - it is not normal that mechanical failure happens as often as it does with Flair planes - scary stuff. Then there is the complete lack of customer service - their phone number and email addresses are duds - so you will never get a response if you experience an issue. The only time I flew with Flair - they lost my bag and never found it. It had all me and my daughters items in it. To make matters worse - two months later, I still have had no luck recouping any sort of compensation. The risk of flying this airline is not worth the hassle you will incur.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you are here checking info out on Flair Airlines BEFORE you book a flight, you made the correct choice being sceptical. They are a terrible airline. Let me clear that up. They are a terrible booking agency.

First off, they offer deals all the time, amazing prices..if you can get the website to accept the promo code. Majority of times it won't accept the promo code, and people just give up since they figure they're already getting a super good deal on the flight, so what's another discount?

Now, the biggest failing on Flair, is their customer service, or glaring lack of. They have a phone number, because they need one to be considered an actual business. But this phone number does not actually go anywhere. It is set up to go to a answering service which puts the caller on hold and keeps them there until they give up. 4 separate people performed a test with myself, and we tried to contact Flair. We tested it on different days of the week, different times of day, testing a few variables to see what would happen (we were actually calling trying to get issues resolved, so this is why we were willing to go through the lengths.)

We all saved screenshots of our phones showing how long we waited on hold, the average was 7.5hrs, the longest was 14.5 hours. Yes, he was off all day and had a TV binge day while he was on hold with flair.

Not one of us got through to them. After a cancelled flight, there were 40 of us "passengers" trying to deal with the counter person at Flair, who informed us they were not actually Flair employees, but contract employees by another company to handle the gates, and we were all directed to call the help number, yes.. the same one we've dealt with.

The email as well does not garner a response. I should be more clear. I've emailed them for 4 separate issues. 1 was not a complaint, but just an adjustment needed for the passenger info for a flight. That one took 2.5 weeks before they responded. And I had to send them 4 emails on the same topic before I got that response.

The other 3 occasions were all complaining about cancelled flights, lack of refund, lack of customer support... etc. It has been 3 months since the last email I sent and I have not heard from them. I did get an email from my email provider saying Flair flagged one of my emails as spam, and blocked my email provider.

Listen. We all look for a great deal, we all need a good deal. Flair is like that Nigerian prince who needs your help transferring money. It sounds great, but it's not true. If you're one of the lucky ones, your flight goes through on time (Incredibly rare), or at all (rare). But I have not heard of anyone having a non-issue flight with Flair in over 6 months.

It has to tell you something that things are plummeting with them. I have already told everyone I know, I don't expect them to be in business by 2019. I'd actually be shocked if they made it to August 2018.

Be wary of booking with them.. especially a long way out.. you might suddenly hear the news that they're out of business and your money is gone and so is the flight.

1  Thank IrishDart
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My daughter and I just flew with Flair airlines last week and it was fantastic! The reviews haven’t been good and I wanted to say that they are doing a great job! The employees were all very friendly, the flights were on time (to and from Vancouver) and the price was astonishingly low! $200 all in for the two of us return from Kelowna! The airplane was a 737 with nice headrests and a clean washroom.
It’s a new airline so yes they have been working the kinks out... but for a quick trip at a low cost I HIGHLY RECOMMEND FLAIR.

1  Thank moranclan
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Arrived at the airport in Edmonton. No posting on the board for our departure flight. Went to a Flair gate, they informed us at that time the flight had been cancelled. Gate agents were very nonchalant about the situation; said they would try to get us on a flight to Toronto. When we informed them our vehicle was in Hamilton, we were ensured we would be given a voucher for any incurred costs. We were put on a WestJet flight. No vouchers, just a support web site. After posting to the web site , we were asked if we had an email saying they would refund taxi fare. We are now out $168.00 for taxi from Toronto to Hamilton, half a days work. Totally disgusted with the lack of service and empathy from this company.