We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the latest re construction by The Retreat

West Virginia
Level Contributor
1,649 posts
3 reviews
What is the latest re construction by The Retreat

Hi,

What is the latest on the construction beside The Retreat at Rum Point? The last I read it was on hold. Is it noisy & hectic, no construction going on, or are there new condos for rent? Does it block the view from any of The Retreat condos (thus ones to avoid renting). Tried Google Earth but couldn't tell anything.

Thank you.

34 replies to this topic
Connecticut
Level Contributor
100 posts
3 reviews
31. Re: What is the latest re construction by The Retreat

Gosh..between the construction and sargassum, maybe I should be looking at SMB for our April family trip? We really enjoyed the Retreat and North Shore on our last visit and it's disheartening to hear about the effects of the construction next door. Wondering if anyone knows if the sargassum is all along the north shore, rum point drive to Old Many Bay?? Thanks!

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
7,240 posts
24 reviews
32. Re: What is the latest re construction by The Retreat

I'll be back down in September to get a better idea of what the construction impact is then. The project is due to be completed in the Spring and it looks like from the pictures on their site that they are reaching their top floors now.

I'll probably regret stating this, but Sargassum is a summer nuisance and I've never seen it in April...

Hampton Cove, AL
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
33. Re: What is the latest re construction by The Retreat

Hi Testudo,

Did you go back in September? If so, can you update us?

West Virginia
Level Contributor
1,649 posts
3 reviews
34. Re: What is the latest re construction by The Retreat

We were at Run Point a couple days ago. My guess is there is at least 6 more months of construction, surely it will be done in a year. The new place is massive. It appears 5 floors - 4 floors plus parking underneath. I read there is parking below the condos and you can see the main floors are not ground level. It doesn't appear it will block the ocean view of any of The Retreat condos but it does appear it will affect the overall view of some of them.

Reply to: What is the latest re construction by The Retreat
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rum Point