We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bicycle for rent

Quezon City, Quezon...
2 posts
Save Topic
bicycle for rent

where can we rent a bicycle (cause we don't have license) to be used in touring the island by ourselves for one whole day (i think it's much cheaper than a jeep or motorela, isn't it?) if our hotel or resort we'll be staying doesn't have one. me and my cousin are planning to go there this holy week. thanks

15 replies to this topic
clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: bicycle for rent

do u mean bicycle as in pedal bike or motorbike?

Makati, Philippines
Level Contributor
78 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bicycle for rent

Are you sure you'd like to just cycle going to the tourist spots there? That is a lot of uphill and downhill ride! I suggest you rent a tricycle going around, just make sure to haggle to get the best price. We've been to Camiguin in 2010 but we have not seen any tourist going around in bicycles, most of them are either in private cars or rented multicab or trike.

Mentioned in this post
Camiguin
Camiguin
Mindanao, Philippines
Quezon City, Quezon...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: bicycle for rent

yes, a pedal bike, i don't have a driver's license.

is the tricycle much cheaper than the multicab? and can we make them wait for us in one place, let's say half an hour then bring us to another place?

Metro Manila...
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
19,922 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bicycle for rent

Unless you are a professional cyclist I don't advise you to bike around Camiguin. A motorcycle with a service of a driver would cost 600-700 pesos for 2 pax so that would only be 300/350 per person. The terrain around Camiguin are for those who are built with a very high stamina.

Mentioned in this post
Camiguin
Camiguin
Mindanao, Philippines
Makati, Philippines
Level Contributor
78 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bicycle for rent

yep! generally it is cheaper to rent a trike than a multicab. and yes they would wait for you. in our case we rented a multicab because we were 6 in the group, i couldn't remember though how much we were charged.

watford,UK
Level Contributor
481 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bicycle for rent

how far is paras beach resort from the ferry terminal,ferry from bohol,which transportation is most convenient,we're planning to visit camiguin on our next holiday.

Metro Manila...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,922 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bicycle for rent

About 20 mins. travel by motorcycle or a multicab.

watford,UK
Level Contributor
481 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bicycle for rent

thanks kegler747,we're four of us traveling 2 adults and 2 kids,age 10&8,are the motorcycle or multicab are just right on the pier?we're planning to stay at Paras Beach Resort for 3 nights,4D/3N is just enough time to explore camiguin?

Mentioned in this post
Paras Beach Resort
Paras Beach Resort
188 Reviews
Camiguin, Philippines
clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: bicycle for rent

its more like 30-40 mins from port ,4 days is good time to see camiguin ,most just go for 1-2 nights and some even just do daytrip from cdo ,check pm

Metro Manila...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,922 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bicycle for rent

There are jeepneys just outside the ferry terminal, you can take that up to the capital town of Mambajao then you can hire a tricycle/motorela to take you to Paras Resort for just 10 pesos/person or 50 pesos for a private trip.

Mentioned in this post
Mambajao
Mambajao
Camiguin, Philippines
Paras Beach Resort
Paras Beach Resort
188 Reviews
Camiguin, Philippines
Reply to: bicycle for rent
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mambajao