We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferries

bournemouth, england
14 posts
Save Topic
ferries

Hi

Is there a ferry I can catch from Camiguin to Bohol or Cebu in January? I have tried looking on the internet but there doesnt seem to be any up to date info.

Also, can anyone recommend a hotel as close as possible to manila airport that would be safe for a single female traveller. I will be arriving from England late afternoon, then catching another flight the following day so just want somewhere to sleep/eat in a clean safe environment.

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Camiguin
Camiguin
Mindanao, Philippines
Bohol Island
Bohol Island
Bohol Province, Philippines
Cebu Island
Cebu Island
Visayas, Philippines
7 replies to this topic
Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
11,278 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ferries

Where is your flight to?

Some of the airlines flying between Manila and Cebu are flying up to about midnight.

Here is where I stay, near the airport. I am happy staying there. It certainly is safe for a female traveller but it would be best to say that you get what you pay for and some people don't like staying there.

www.angelfire.com/biz2/townhousehotelmanila/

In case you are not aware, there are 4 international terminals at the Manila airport and 3 of them also deal with domestic flights. So best to be sure about what terminals you are arriving and departing from.

The only passenger boat that travelled between Cebu City and Camiguin island in the last 10 years that I know of is the Super shuttle ferry boat. It is only once a week. It goes to Camiguin on Friday and comes back Sunday.

There are several boats that travel each day between Camiguin and Jagna Bohol but I have no idea about the time table.

You can fly from Camiguin to the Cebu airport on Mactan Island with Cebu Pacific, but it is only 4 times a week. You can see the schedule here. You can also see the schedule of flights Manila to Cebu

https://www.cebupacificair.com/Flight%20Schedule/Domestic%20Flight%20Schedule%20(102613).pdf

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Cebu Island
Cebu Island
Visayas, Philippines
Cebu City
Cebu City
Cebu Island, Philippines
Camiguin Island
Camiguin Island
331 Reviews
Mindanao, Philippines
Camiguin
Camiguin
Mindanao, Philippines
Bohol Island
Bohol Island
Bohol Province, Philippines
Mactan Island
Mactan Island
Cebu Island, Philippines
Pacific Cebu Resort
Pacific Cebu Resort
323 Reviews
Mactan Island, Philippines
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ferries

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g701653-i13510-k66…

Brewster, New York
Level Contributor
143 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ferries

I also have a one night stop over in Manila when I visit Philippines and I stay at Intercontinental Hotel in Makati. It is about a 15 minute ride by taxi, from the airport depending on city traffic. If you are on a budget, this place may not be for you but if it is convienience and Security, over cost, then you may wish to check it out. Very Secure and I would rank it amoung the 5 star international type of place. At least 6 armed security guards at the entrance, sniffing dog, metal detectors, " The Works " ! . On my most recent visit I believe my total bill for the one night was about 7000 Philippine Peso. ( about $175 USD ) . If that same Hotel was in New York City it would cost at least $500 USD for a night so to some readers here it might seem very costly but compared to New York City prices it is a bargain. For me, it is convienience and security over cost. I have used this hotel at least 5 times.

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Makati
Makati
Luzon, Philippines
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: ferries

can we reserve a ferry ticket

Metro Manila...
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
19,814 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ferries

Yes you can.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ferries

Anyone have bus/ferry information CDO to Camiguin Island. Looking at this coming Monday or Tuesday.

Mentioned in this post
Camiguin Island
Camiguin Island
331 Reviews
Mindanao, Philippines
Metro Manila...
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
19,814 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ferries

This 1-month old blog post explained it very well complete with timetable and cost -> https:/…

Reply to: ferries
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Camiguin