We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me choose a hotel please!

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
48 posts
16 reviews
36 helpful votes
Help me choose a hotel please!
Save

Looking for an all inclusive hotel near to the beach, preferably with a heated pool? My sister stayed at la nina a few years ago and loved it but reviews now arent so good? And no heated pool. Ive been looking at santa maria, looks lovely, has anyone been there recently who can give me more detail please? Are the staff friendly? Thanks in advance

25 replies to this topic
Clydebank, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
45 reviews
73 helpful votes
1. Re: Help me choose a hotel please!
Save

Haven't stayed at the Santa Maria however we are just back from the Bouganville Playa and can highly recommend it. Situated down the front just at the start of Costa Adeje from PDLA so handy for exploring all directions. Great views out to sea from the pool area. It has one of the pools heated during winter. Staff were all very friendly.

north west england
Level Contributor
9,941 posts
787 reviews
639 helpful votes
2. Re: Help me choose a hotel please!
Save

Anthelia.

Ticks all the boxes for you - backs on to Fanabe beach, does AI and has a heated pool.

Not stayed there. We went for a look round and seriously considered it but, in the end, preferred the feel of the adjacent Jardines de Nivaria (which doesnt do AI or I would have recommended it for you)

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,486 posts
21 reviews
19 helpful votes
3. Re: Help me choose a hotel please!
Save

I think the Anthelia will be in a different price range to the Santa Maria but if it’s within your budget it would be an excellent choice, iberostar do AI very well and that would include the Bougainville which might be more on par with the Santa Maria? I’d also look at the H10 gran Tinerife which is very nice, recently went for a drink there where friends were staying AI.

north west england
Level Contributor
9,941 posts
787 reviews
639 helpful votes
4. Re: Help me choose a hotel please!
Save

Anthelia will deffo be in a different price range. It's a 5*, whereas the Santa Maria is, I think, a 3*

Level Contributor
1,354 posts
19 reviews
23 helpful votes
5. Re: Help me choose a hotel please!
Save

I own an apartment in the Santa Maria complex so I know it really well,and I've just come back, yes the staff are very friendly and great with children,the place is spotless,and has got a lovely vibe to it, although I've stayed here dozens of times I've never ate in the hotel, or stayed in a hotel room, but as they only charge around a tenner a day for half board your not going to get a la carte! It's got a lovely elevated outside dining area looking out to sea and there's plenty of bars and restaurants close by, you couldn't compare it to the Anthelia though that would be like comparing a Ferrari with a Lada, nor the Bouganville for that matter, although I'm not so keen on the side of the port where the bouganville is and would rather be where the Santa Maria , La Nina are situated, Iberostar hotels are more geared up for an all inclusive holiday, the Santa Maria and La Nina are more hotels that have added it to go with the flow, if you want to know anything else just ask.

Edited: October 21, 2021, 11:56 pm
Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
48 posts
16 reviews
36 helpful votes
6. Re: Help me choose a hotel please!
Save

Thankyou for your reply

Level Contributor
1,354 posts
19 reviews
23 helpful votes
7. Re: Help me choose a hotel please!
Save

No probs,I think if you go with the idea that you will still be going out sometimes and not totally reliant on the all inclusive,as neither the Santa Maria or la nina are any good for this ,especially entertainment wise,you'll be fine in either, just to add you can get some decent 3 course meals with plenty of choice around the area.Iberica,above the port,with a lovely view in particular and only 12 euro

Edited: October 24, 2021, 6:16 pm
Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
48 posts
16 reviews
36 helpful votes
8. Re: Help me choose a hotel please!
Save

Thanks for the info Nick, much appreciated. We havent booked yet as my sisters got chest infection (not the virus!). So leaving it last minute or may postpone til after xmas. We were just looking for a cheap week in the sunshine but the prices are high at the moment! As long as the hotels clean then we arent too fussed about the hotel food as like you say we will be eating out too. I prefer to eat out to be honest, esp with all the lovely restaurants! Might even go self catering as not sure mixing with the masses in the all inclusive is a healthy option at the moment with the virus.

Anyway thanks for the recommendations.

Kelly

Level Contributor
1,354 posts
19 reviews
23 helpful votes
9. Re: Help me choose a hotel please!
Save

If you end up going self catering ,and in that area,you can get a good sized private studio in the Santa Maria for £400, most are a lot better than the hotel rooms,with air conditioning, you can take your own drinks around the pool if you wish, if you can get a cheap flight ??

5 posts
10. Re: Help me choose a hotel please!
Save

Hi, I would be interested in Santa Maria complex do you rent your accommodation out?

Reply to: Help me choose a hotel please!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Costa Adeje
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.