We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

staying in august -loads of questions

Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
staying in august -loads of questions

Hi All

We are coming to adeje in august for 2 weeks, and after some tips, we normally stay in los cris, but fancied a change, we are staying at los geranios, firstly has anyone stayed here, is it ok, I assume will be usual rush for sunbeds in a morning, seems pretty central to stuff, has anyone got any top tips for eating out, Chinese, Indian, italian, Spanish tapas , burgers etc, cheapest supermarket , we are a family of 5 2 adults and 3 kids , 15,14 and 11, in los cris we normally eat at loconda Italian, chill out, Mongolian BBQ , Balti Balti, watermelon

Also any tips for surf schools for the kids at all

Sorry for all the questions in one post

Oh and which are the best beaches near there as there seems to be a few we can get to

Cheers rob

Mentioned in this post
Balti Balti
Balti Balti
897 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
7 replies to this topic
Blyth, England...
Level Contributor
173 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: staying in august -loads of questions

I can reccomend the slow Boat at Puerto Colon for Chinese, its lovely.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Puerto Palace
Hotel Puerto Palace
894 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
West Yorks
Level Contributor
648 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: staying in august -loads of questions

Stayed at Los Geranios many times. Yes, there is the usual rush for sun beds in the morning but there is really no need. Have often found a free one around lunch time. They have just improved the pool area and it looks like the sunbathing area has been slightly enlarged. Restaurant on site is excellent and well priced. Recommend the curry here.

Cheapest supermarket (Mercadona)is on the lower level of the San Eugenio shopping centre, across the road.

Too much choice for restaurants in this area. We always make one visit to Pekin Palace, down the hill, for a Chinese buffet.

Try Harley’s for great cocktails, food and live rock music. Enjoy.

Mentioned in this post
Los Geranios
Los Geranios
209 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
154 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: staying in august -loads of questions

Second vote for the Slow Boat here for Chinese.

You are right next door to Harley's bar, and the food there is good, but a bit expensive for what you get. Indian-wise, there is Bombay Babu a 5-10 min walk down the hill.

Los Geranios was where me and my wife first stayed on our first couple of trips to Tenerife. It's a really good base, whether you like British style bars (Star Bar, Rum Pot, etc), local restaurants, or beaches. I'd say the best beach nearby is Playa de Fanabe, but the Puerto Colon one had some water-sports stuff and an inflatable "assault course", and that one is nearer to you.

Mentioned in this post
Slow Boat I
Slow Boat I
638 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Los Geranios
Los Geranios
209 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Tenerife
Tenerife
Canary Islands, Spain
Star Bar
Star Bar
241 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Playa de Fanabe
Playa de Fanabe
Tenerife, Spain
Hotel Puerto Palace
Hotel Puerto Palace
894 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
3,032 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: staying in august -loads of questions

From the Puerto Colon beach heading north there's Torviscas, Fanabe and del Duque beaches. The other direction takes you along towards Playa de las Americas' beaches.

For one of the best Indian meals you will have anywhere, try Bombay Babu which is just round from Puerto Colon. We are returning to Costa Adeje for a 4th time in less than two weeks, first time as a summer destination (always winter before) and will definitely be returning to Bombay Babu, one of the top 3 Indian restaurants we've ever been to throughout Spain, Canaries and Balearics.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Puerto Palace
Hotel Puerto Palace
894 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Costa Adeje
Costa Adeje
Tenerife, Spain
Spain
Spain
Europe
Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: staying in august -loads of questions

thanks for all the info :)

north west england
Level Contributor
3,793 posts
524 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: staying in august -loads of questions

My only top tip on Italian restaurants in CA is to avoid Monte Christo. We went as it was quite highly rated on TripAdvisor. My review - https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReview…

Mentioned in this post
Monte Christo
Monte Christo
623 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: staying in august -loads of questions

thanks harters

have you any recommendations at all, as you seem to know youre way around a lot from reading your posts and reviews

cheers rob

Reply to: staying in august -loads of questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Costa Adeje