We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa adeje or playa blanca??

8 posts
Save Topic
Costa adeje or playa blanca??

Looking at spring bank 2019 and cant decide between these two? I have 2 children 10 and 13 any advice please?

Thanks.

7 replies to this topic
Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
3,102 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costa adeje or playa blanca??

I have stayed in Playa Blanca ,and enjoyed it very much Costa Adeje covers a wide area so it depends on which part you’re thinking of ? Both have long promenades and plenty of restaurants and bars and good beaches . But with two children of that age I think your hotel or apartments are a more important choice than the resort.I know when ours were that age they just wanted the hotel pool,and weren’t interested in anything else !

Mentioned in this post
Playa Blanca
Playa Blanca
Lanzarote, Spain
Costa Adeje
Costa Adeje
Tenerife, Spain
preston
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costa adeje or playa blanca??

Went to playa Blanca this April. Never again. Way too windy, spoilt it for us. Also nothing special to do or see, and the restaurants were not a patch on Tenerife. Very little for kids.

Mentioned in this post
Tenerife
Tenerife
Canary Islands, Spain
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Costa adeje or playa blanca??

Thanks for your advice,looking at hotel GF isobel? In costa adeje? Any good.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
739 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Costa adeje or playa blanca??

Never been but have noted many times the very good reviews it has, no doubt you have looked at them

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Costa adeje or playa blanca??

Costa Adeje is fairly lively with music, comedy, tribute acts and has good restaurants, although it is hilly in parts. A lot of the entertainment is suited more to adults, comedians etc. It's always our choice for Tenerife as you can walk along to Playa de las Americas and onto Los Cristianos if you fancied. I'd be more likely to compare Los Cristianos with Playa Blanca to be honest, as it's a bit more laid back than Costa Adeje. Playa Blanca seems to attract older people as it's fairly easy to get about. Depending on hotel of course, i'd say that Puerto del Carmen is more family-orientated. Or even Costa Teguise on Lanzarote. That's not to say that Playa Blanca isn't, just that there'd be more for young children to do in Puerto del Carmen.

If you did end up choosing Costa ADeje then the GF hotels in Costa Adeje are good with plenty family things going on. Stayed at one of their other ones along the road, the Fanabe Costa Sur (now known as GF Fanabe after a refurb) and the Isabel is a great complex. It's more apartment based than hotel room.

Edited: June 13, 2018, 9:55 pm
Mentioned in this post
Costa Adeje
Costa Adeje
Tenerife, Spain
Tenerife
Tenerife
Canary Islands, Spain
Los Cristianos
Los Cristianos
Tenerife, Spain
Playa Blanca
Playa Blanca
Lanzarote, Spain
Puerto Del Carmen
Puerto Del Carmen
Lanzarote, Spain
Costa Teguise
Costa Teguise
Lanzarote, Spain
Lanzarote
Lanzarote
Canary Islands, Spain
GF Fanabe
GF Fanabe
4,350 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
southport
Level Contributor
904 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Costa adeje or playa blanca??

GF Hotel Isabel is in a great location and is perfect for familys.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Costa adeje or playa blanca??

We went to Playa Blanca in 2015, and Costa Adeje in 2017. Kids were 9 & 5 for Lanzarote, and 11 & 7 for Tenerife.

I'd say it really depends on what you and your family like to do, and what you are looking at regarding accomodation. We really enjoyed both, but they were very different experiences.

Playa Blanca reminded me very much of the Fanabe part of Costa Adeje / Playa de Las Americas back in the early 90's when I first went - not overly developed, quieter than the main part of PDLA. Playa Blanca has a couple of beaches, one of which is really nice (and happened to be the nearest one when you walked down from our hotel). We had fantastic weather, wall to wall sun, and only one real windy day (when we were on the beach) - but that was in August, not Spring Bank. If you like a laid back, quieter holiday, Playa Blanca would suit. I would agree with baldystewart that there are issues with the restaurants - we mainly used the ones on the promenade, (which were fine but not outstanding) and then one down at the marina (which was called Lani's, I think, and was our favourite). Depending on the hotel, however, you could be in a different area!

If you are looking at All Inclusive, I would avoid the Tropical Island complex, as food and drink included in that package looked awful, and there were issues with service at the bars - however, if you go SC, it is a good base, with plenty of pools.

Costa Adeje last year was great too, and marked nine years since we'd been to Tenerife. That area has developed a lot, and where we were at the Sunwing Fanabe Beach was a really good location, with plenty of good bars and restaurants in close proximity. Again we were self catering, but the all-inclusive food and drink package there looked much better than where we stayed in Playa Blanca. Weather - again, all 11 days were very sunny, but it was mid-August.

I would say that given the ages of the kids, I'd be more inclined to look at Costa Adeje, as the resort as a whole (you can easily walk from there all the way down to Los Cristianos, or up to La Calletta) offers more. Also, you have Siam Park and Agualand nearby, which are great days out if you like waterparks.

Mentioned in this post
Playa Blanca
Playa Blanca
Lanzarote, Spain
Costa Adeje
Costa Adeje
Tenerife, Spain
Lanzarote
Lanzarote
Canary Islands, Spain
Playa de las Americas
Playa de las Americas