We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12 &14 yr olds - first time abroad, tips for Adeje

Lizard, United...
1 post
Save Topic
12 &14 yr olds - first time abroad, tips for Adeje

I am taking my 12 &14year old to Costa Adeje next week - staying for 7 nights at Hotel Malibu Park. They want to spend 2 days at Siam Park and also want to do a guided snorkel with turtles. Any recommendations/tips for these or other activities? Which are the nice beaches? ( we are on a budget so won’t have a car) - thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Costa Adeje
Costa Adeje
Tenerife, Spain
Hotel Malibu Park
Hotel Malibu Park
572 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Siam Park
Siam Park
25,253 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
13 replies to this topic
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
478 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 12 &14 yr olds - first time abroad, tips for Adeje

If your on a budget, you won't be doing 2 days at Siam Park as it's expensive, you could easily hire a car, by only doing one day at Siam Park, problem solved

Edited: June 09, 2018, 7:59 am
Mentioned in this post
Siam Park
Siam Park
25,253 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 12 &14 yr olds - first time abroad, tips for Adeje

Thanks for your reply! The main reason we chose costa Adeje was for the Siam Park, so I have allowed budget for that (planning on getting the second day for half price deal that you can get at the Park) and I have budget for a snorkel tour. I don’t want to drive so I was just looking for tips of what else to do in the town, or which were the best beaches there :)

Mentioned in this post
Costa Adeje
Costa Adeje
Tenerife, Spain
Siam Park
Siam Park
25,253 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
214 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 12 &14 yr olds - first time abroad, tips for Adeje

HI, my kids were 13 and 9 when we went to Costa Adeje 3 years ago. I remember that they loved the trampolines alongside the promenade - I don't know if they're still there, but that was fun for teens.

Also you can walk along the promenade down to the Porto Colon harbour, there are lots of boats trips and sea-related things to do there - my hubby and DD(13 then) went on a Scuba trial but you might get a snorkelling trip from there.

If you decide not to go to Siam Park twice - and it is Amazing - you could do one day at Siam and one day at Aqualand (but do Siam park later than Aqualand as it is much better)

If either of your kids are girls they might like a shopping afternoon at the Del Duque mall at the northern end of costa Adeje.

And do try to get a coachtrip to Loro Parque - the animal park, its very good and you can get discount tickets at Siam Park for Loro Parque.

I think you might be able to get an excursion to Monkey Park at Los Cristianos. We didn't make it to their last trip but we plan to go on our August 2018 holiday.

Lots to do in Tenerife - you don't need a car but we are hiring an Astra from Cicar for 10 days only £280, but we want to visit Masca, Puerto de la Cruz, Loro Parque by car. (There are Loro Parque buses from Costa Adeje but I don't know where the pick ups are.

Also beaches - we liked Fanabe beach even though it is greyish sand, but del Duque beach is golden and gorgeous (to the north of Costa Adeje/Fanabe.

Mentioned in this post
Costa Adeje
Costa Adeje
Tenerife, Spain
Porto
Porto
Porto District, Portugal
Siam Park
Siam Park
25,253 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Loro Parque
Loro Parque
24,086 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Los Cristianos
Los Cristianos
Tenerife, Spain
Puerto de la Cruz
Puerto de la Cruz
Tenerife, Spain
Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
3,039 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 12 &14 yr olds - first time abroad, tips for Adeje

I wouldn’t plan too much . Quite often at that age if they meet friends at the hotel pool they’ll not want to go anywhere else . Apparently too it’s a good idea to buy the shoes needed for Siam Park before you go as the ones they sell are expensive. Enjoy your holiday 😎

Mentioned in this post
Siam Park
Siam Park
25,253 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 12 &14 yr olds - first time abroad, tips for Adeje

Thank you, that’s really useful!

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
4,652 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 12 &14 yr olds - first time abroad, tips for Adeje

Good point about not planning too much as if they meet friends at pool they might want to go on same day as friends.

When my kids were 14-17 we took them around on first day. second day they stayed around pool and at tea time I said get showered to go looking for dinner to be told" cannot", we are meeting friends at 6.00.

The rest of the holiday was so peaceful as we gave them money for on site meals and drinks and they only came back to get more money

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 12 &14 yr olds - first time abroad, tips for Adeje

If you decide to just do one visit to Siam Park then you are usually able to get a discounted "twin" ticket for Siam and Loro Parque. Look around the excursion shops for competitive prices and there's usually adverts around the resort so it's worth asking around. As for snorkelling...the excursion places will have different boat trips available but again, look around for the best deals. You should be able to just turn up at the port and pay down there.

Mentioned in this post
Siam Park
Siam Park
25,253 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Loro Parque
Loro Parque
24,086 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston super Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
4,096 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 12 &14 yr olds - first time abroad, tips for Adeje

Hi, don’t forget high factor sun cream and a hat. The sun is very strong , and you can burn within 20 minutes, I know!!. There is a shopping mall next to Siam Park. You will need to budget for food, as bags are searched. There is a free bus to El Corte Ingles in Santa Cruz. Take your passport for 20% off.

Mentioned in this post
Siam Park
Siam Park
25,253 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 12 &14 yr olds - first time abroad, tips for Adeje

Hi. We are going to Adeje in August and want to go to Siam Park. Just reading about the shoes, where can you get them before going? Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Adeje
Adeje
Tenerife, Spain
Siam Park
Siam Park
25,253 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
ayrshire
Level Contributor
370 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 12 &14 yr olds - first time abroad, tips for Adeje

You'll get wet shoes in the UK from the likes of Sports Direct,Lidl or Aldi.

Reply to: 12 &14 yr olds - first time abroad, tips for Adeje
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Costa Adeje
Recent Conversations