We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near Gigrin with indoor water feature

West Midlands
Level Contributor
210 posts
132 reviews
139 helpful votes
Hotel near Gigrin with indoor water feature
Save

A few years ago my partner and I had lunch, after visiting Gigrin Farm, at a nearby hotel on the B4518. It had a sort of little stream running around inside the bar. Can anyone help us identify it? Thanks!

Penralley House
Penralley House
#1 of 13 B&Bs / Inns in Rhayader
The Bear Bed & Breakfast
The Bear Bed & Breakfast
#2 of 13 B&Bs / Inns in Rhayader
Elan Valley Hotel
Elan Valley Hotel
#1 of 3 hotels in Rhayader
2 replies to this topic
Machynlleth, United...
Level Contributor
5,159 posts
5 reviews
2 helpful votes
1. Re: Hotel near Gigrin with indoor water feature
Save

I wonder if it's Brynafon you're thinking of. It's very close to Gigrin and certainly has/had a water feature in the bar. I've not been there for over a decade and can't recall whether it was just a pond or running water.

https://brynafon-country-house-hotel-rhayader.hotelmix.co.uk

Just south of Rhayader, at the turning to Gigrin, it's not quite on the B4518 though. That's the minor road running fron the Elan Valley , through Rhayader and then northwards , via St. Harmon, to Llanidloes and Llanbrynmair. If you're sure about the road, then it must be another hotel with a water feature on that route, but I don't know it ....!

West Midlands
Level Contributor
210 posts
132 reviews
139 helpful votes
2. Re: Hotel near Gigrin with indoor water feature
Save

Thank you for that!

Reply to: Hotel near Gigrin with indoor water feature
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rhayader
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.