We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parque del Rey.

Portarlington...
Level Contributor
647 posts
62 reviews
77 helpful votes
Parque del Rey.
Save

We have booked a villa here for last 2 weeks in September 2021 if travel is allowed. Villa owner does not require a deposit now but if/when travel is allowed will.

Before booking I was unable to find much here about the local area . Can anyone update me as villa owner tells me area is 20mins walk into town and a bus service is available from main road.

I've looked on Google street view and looks safe to walk in daytime but not sure about night. Would have no problem getting bus or taxi but if area is too isolated would want something closer to town

. Thanks

13 replies to this topic
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
48,524 posts
51 reviews
86 helpful votes
1. Re: Parque del Rey.
Save

It's not isolated. It's far enough out of the resort but within easy walking distance of the centre. It's only around 1.5km and that's if you walk down the main road and cut through down Calle los Calamares. Shorter if you cut across the "desert" down to the harbour end of the promenade, but perhaps not at night. It's about the same distance to Playa Flamingo. The owner is correct, about 20 mins obviously depending on walking speed and there is a bus stop at the end of the road.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
743 posts
11 reviews
4 helpful votes
2. Re: Parque del Rey.
Save

Leyland is correct. We're booked for November villa cara at parque del rey.

No problem walking in evening all flat with a downhill finish to town. No more than twenty minutes. A taxi back used to cost around €3 from taxi rank next to oldmill bar.

I hope that we'll be able to go. This is our cancellation from last November. Fingers crossed. Good luck.

Portarlington...
Level Contributor
647 posts
62 reviews
77 helpful votes
3. Re: Parque del Rey.
Save

Leyland & Jim .

Thanks for you replys, its good to know we will not be isolated and it's a easy walk into town.

It's Villa Amandelen we have booked so hopefully all us travellers get to travel again later this year.

Level Contributor
61 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Parque del Rey.
Save

Wot a lovely villa been to it many times you will enjoy it

Portarlington...
Level Contributor
647 posts
62 reviews
77 helpful votes
5. Re: Parque del Rey.
Save

Vonnie.

Thanks as that's great to know. We will be 4 adults the wrong side of 60 and never stayed in PB.

Thinking we might rent a car for a week to explore. Would you or anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
743 posts
11 reviews
4 helpful votes
6. Re: Parque del Rey.
Save

Rental is very cheap. I personally would recommend Autoreisen. Pick up car as you come out of departures,and return when leaving. A taxi one way costs around €55 approx. With four sharing?

You can book on line. No money changes hands until you arrive and there's no hidden extras. Others can advise but that would be my pick. OMO.

Edited: March 25, 2021, 5:40 pm
Shrewsbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canary Islands, Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
14,716 posts
893 reviews
372 helpful votes
7. Re: Parque del Rey.
Save

When it comes to car hire, look at the following companies Autoreisen, Cabrera Medina, Cicar and Payless.

Autoreisen are only based at the airport. The other companies would be available in Playa Blanca. They are all great local companies who provide zero excess insurance as standard.

Here is a link to the top attractions on Lanzarote.

https://www.viator.com/en-GB/Lanzarote/d5482

Timanfaya National Park is a must.

The other place I would recommend that’s not on the list is the cave Cuerva de los Verdes.

Portarlington...
Level Contributor
647 posts
62 reviews
77 helpful votes
8. Re: Parque del Rey.
Save

Jim & Nick.

Thanks for the recommendation's, will check everything out.

We have been to PDC a few times and did the sights including Timanfaya national park and would like to do it again. Probably will rent a car as have booked the villa for 2 weeks and there is space for parking within villa.

Thanks again.🍻

Level Contributor
61 posts
6 reviews
9. Re: Parque del Rey.
Save

Yes there is parking at villa off road with gate and its a one way in and to other is out your villa is near the out its about 15 min walk into town you will love it and may I ask who you are renting it off

Portarlington...
Level Contributor
647 posts
62 reviews
77 helpful votes
10. Re: Parque del Rey.
Save

Vonnie.

I'm renting villa directly from Irish owner who advertises it on a Irish website.

Reply to: Parque del Rey.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Playa Blanca
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.