We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monopoli to Alberobello

seattle
Level Contributor
84 posts
17 reviews
18 helpful votes
Monopoli to Alberobello
Save

It seems almost impossible to get to Alberobello from Monopoli without a car. Is there a tour company that goes there? What about a taxi or a shuttle bus? We do not want to rent a car but really would like to spend a day in Alberobello. We will be staying in Monopoli in mid September. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you

20 replies to this topic
Liston, Australia
Level Contributor
2,802 posts
36 reviews
20 helpful votes
1. Re: Monopoli to Alberobello
Save

Hi

We will be in Monopoli for two weeks in Autumn using public transport to get to Bari Vecchia, Polignano a Mare, Conservano, Alberobello, Locorotondo, Martina Franca, Cisternino, Lecce.

From our research , other than a hire car or hiring a car and driver unfortunately we have found there is no direct public transport to Alberobello from Monopoli however we found two indirect ways by train and bus, via Bari or Locorotondo, that way we will create an itinerary to spend some time in these places on the way there or back...?

Buona fortune e buon viaggio

London, United...
2 posts
1 review
2. Re: Monopoli to Alberobello
Save

There IS a bus from Monopoli to Alberobello.

It leaves from Piazza San Antonio at 06-45, 11, 13-15 and 17-00.

Return from Via Cavour in Alberobello at 8, 12, 15, 17-15 (weekdays only) and 18.

Cost 5.60 return.

Buy tickets in travel agency 2 mins up the road from piazza San Antonio

1 post
3. Re: Monopoli to Alberobello
Save

Thank you!do you know the name od travel Agency?

Rome, New York
1 post
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
4. Re: Monopoli to Alberobello
Save

The agent is 50 meters up the square from the bus stop with the relief city map on it. Name looks like Tourist Imtercontenental - Agenzia - very helpful - has a sign on the door.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
201 posts
86 reviews
36 helpful votes
5. Re: Monopoli to Alberobello
Save

I’m not sure about the name either but there is a printed A4 paper on the window: ALBEROBELLO BUS TICKET

Bari, Italy
Level Contributor
99 posts
64 reviews
15 helpful votes
6. Re: Monopoli to Alberobello
Save

Buses Alberobello-Monopoli are operated by FSE, check fseonline.it if you want to get digital tickets

Liston, Australia
Level Contributor
2,802 posts
36 reviews
20 helpful votes
7. Re: Monopoli to Alberobello
Save

Hi

You might find this previous OP from sept 2018 of interest

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g652003-i15437-k11913318-Buses_to_Grotte_di_Castellana_Alberobello_Is_this_right-Monopoli_Province_of_Bari_Puglia.html

Buon viaggio

Liston, Australia
Level Contributor
2,802 posts
36 reviews
20 helpful votes
8. Re: Monopoli to Alberobello
Save

P.S We will be checking this out with the IAT people in Monopoli in October to see if it can still be done within the same timeframe.

It is a year later and bus schedules may not still fit this itinerary - maybe a taxi ride to the caves to make sure we get to the 1100 tour

Ciao

Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
3 helpful votes
9. Re: Monopoli to Alberobello
Save

This was all very helpful- thanks everyone! I recently went to Alberobello from Monopoli, purchasing tickets from the travel agent near the bus stop. I then went to Martina Franca and Locorotondo via bus, purchased tickets from train station machines. Both train stations are currently closed. In Martina Franca I needed to ask directions to the bus stop to Locorotondo which wasn't too far from station. In Locorotondo, the bus stop to get back to Monopoli is back near the main street and I think I could have brought a ticket from a Tabbachi instead of the train station. So don't wait near the train station expecting a bus to come- it won't! Also patience was key, the buses were rarely on time!

seattle
Level Contributor
84 posts
17 reviews
18 helpful votes
10. Re: Monopoli to Alberobello
Save

Thank you for the information. We will be in Monopoli in Sept and want to go to Alberobello but finding out how to get there without a car has been daunting. Question--did you go to Locorotondo and Martina Franca the same day as Alberobello? Does the bus from Monopoli to Alberobello stop in those 2 towns or did you take separate trips from Monopoli? Is there a bus schedule somewhere that we can pick up when we arrive in Monopoli ?

Again, thank you for the information.

Reply to: Monopoli to Alberobello
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Monopoli
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.