We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

question about Protur Roquetas Hotel -suitable for elderly?

manchester
Level Contributor
18 posts
10 reviews
question about Protur Roquetas Hotel -suitable for elderly?

hi, I'm taking my elderly parents away late September and am looking at this hotel, can I ask if anyone is familiar with it and will it fit our needs which are basically that there are no hills and we are within a 10 minute walk of a nice old town with authentic Spanish places to eat. I can see there's a nice beach right in front and the reviews are really positive.

Looks like this will fit the bill perfectly but as they're both in their 80's I don't want to get it wrong. They are pretty young at heart but their bodies aren't what they used to be!

1 reply
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,800 posts
73 reviews
1. Re: question about Protur Roquetas Hotel -suitable for elderly?

The hotel is in a flat area,but it's in the main tourist area of playa Serena,still very Spanish tho,but it's not the pueblo which is the old town that's about an hour walk along the flat prom,or 10/15 minutes via bus (Almeria bus).

Roquetas is more authentic than other Spanish resorts like the ones in Costa del sol or benidorm,

Most bars arnd restaurants are Spanish owned and the vast majority of tourists are other Spaniards,not saying no Brit or other Europeans bars or people just not as many as other parts of Spain.

Eileen

Reply to: question about Protur Roquetas Hotel -suitable for elderly?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Roquetas de Mar
Recent Conversations