We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to find a good dentist in Los Algodones

North Dakota
Level Contributor
32 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Trying to find a good dentist in Los Algodones

My friend recommended that I go to Drs. Ernesto and Alejandro Nava Rivas....has anyone else had any dental work done by them?

88 replies to this topic
Oroville
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to find a good dentist in Los Algodones

THEY ARE FABULOUS!!!!!! We live in Northern California but found them when we were living in Palm Springs, Ca. and have been going to them for the past 6 years. My husband has had 6 root canals, 6 dental implants, an extraction, and other work done by them over the years. He drives 12 hours from our home just to get his teeth cleaned by them and would never go to a dentist in the US again. We believe these brothers are the best in town. They don't have hawkers in the street, advertise, or even have a sign on the street, and they may not be the cheapest (watch out for those - we've heard nightmare stories from others sitting in the lobby who tried the cheapest first) but they are just great!! I cannot speak highly enough of them. We will see them the first week in November. They are extremely busy with snowbirds in "the season" so we usually try to go off season so we can hang out with them and talk if they're not too busy. We LOVE them both and we love Javier, a new dentist in the office. You can't go wrong with Ernesto and Alejandro! Claudia

Mentioned in this post
California
California
United States
Palm Springs
Palm Springs
Greater Palm Springs, CA
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to find a good dentist in Los Algodones

Can you help me find their phone number and web site? I am in serious need of an implant and I can't afford US rates, and I am sssooooo tired of hurting and not eating much.

Thanks much!

Chris.

Edited: July 07, 2011, 3:17 pm
North Dakota
Level Contributor
32 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to find a good dentist in Los Algodones

Thanks for your reply...just what I needed to hear. My friend in Phoenix gave me their name, but I have had a heck of time finding out any other info. on them on the web. I have talked to Javier on the phone and will be going down there in a few days. We are flying down from North Dakota. I will go down there with a little more of peace of mind now! Thanks, again.

Mentioned in this post
Phoenix
Phoenix
Central Arizona, AZ
Roosevelt AZ
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trying to find a good dentist in Los Algodones

We have had work done by 3 different Algodones dentists and hope that 3 times is a charm. I would NOT recommend Dr. Rubio (he runs a big outfit and there is no guarantee that you'll see him personally, plus he loves to pad his estimates/work proposals) and I would NOT recommend Dr. Zuman (cuts corners and will keep you waiting interminablyl) but we have been happy with the bedside manner and work of Dr. Deni Salinas (www.drdenisalinas.com) and plan to continue our long-term treatment plans with him. Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Salinas
Salinas
California
North Dakota
Level Contributor
32 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trying to find a good dentist in Los Algodones

Their phone number is 011-52(658)517-7627. We had first appt yesterday and very impressed. You probably save 2/3 of what u would spend in us. My husband needs major work so we will be seeing them for the next 4 days, plus will need to schedule more appointments at a later time. Lady I talked to in waiting room has had extensive work also and very pleased with results and the dentists.

northern minnesota
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Trying to find a good dentist in Los Algodones

We are very anxious to hear about your results. We will go down next winter while spending the winter in AZ. We are Minnesota snowbirds.

Arizona
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trying to find a good dentist in Los Algodones

gooseberries4 - Would be interested in follow up comments. Looking to go to Algodones in the next 7-10 days - Bob

Palm Springs...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Trying to find a good dentist in Los Algodones

I have been down to see Dr. Deni Salinas and have to have

implants and crowns so I was interested to read your comments.

How did you feel after the inplants? Were you alright to

drive after. I would appreciate your feed back.

esandercombe@gmail.com

Mentioned in this post
Salinas
Salinas
California
Roosevelt AZ
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Trying to find a good dentist in Los Algodones

Yes I was. I had implants placed here in HI years ago and it was a full anaethesia, which was pleasant, but made me totally dependent on someone else getting me home. To this day I don't remember getting out of that dentist's office and back to my own place.

But the implants we had done in Algodones the last couple of years were not impactful like that because nowadays the dentists seem to be able to get by with just a "local". It is, of course, painful but I did not feel in any way impaired as far as functioning went. Of course, every implant surgery is different, I suppose if they have to harvest bone material from elsewhere because of insufficient density, the aftermath may be very different......I am speaking of routine implant placement here. Good luck!

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
9 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trying to find a good dentist in Los Algodones

We highly recommend Dr. Martha Mendez Mugica at Rubio Dental. She does excellent work. Had fillings and crowns done by her. She does not do implants, though. For root canals we highly recommend Dr. Fernando Dominguez. He knows his stuff. His office is across the street from Rubio's office on Saratoga St. up the hill.

Reply to: Trying to find a good dentist in Los Algodones
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Los Algodones