We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Happy Days apts

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
56 posts
7 reviews
17 helpful votes
Happy Days apts
Save

Hi guys,

I stayed in Faliraki around 2000-2001 and stayed at some apartments called Happy Days. I think they were just outside the centre, just off the big main road heading towards Rhodes Town.

Does anyone know if they are still there? Or if they have a new name?

Many thanks 😊

14 replies to this topic
Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
7,194 posts
177 reviews
135 helpful votes
1. Re: Happy Days apts
Save

I know the owners moved to Canada a few years ago.

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
56 posts
7 reviews
17 helpful votes
2. Re: Happy Days apts
Save

I thought they may be closed as I couldn't find any listing for them.

Do you know if they are open under a new name/owner?

Thanks!

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
7,194 posts
177 reviews
135 helpful votes
3. Re: Happy Days apts
Save

There is no new owner.Just left empty the last time I saw them.

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
56 posts
7 reviews
17 helpful votes
4. Re: Happy Days apts
Save

Ahh that's a shame, thank you for your help!

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
17,744 posts
90 reviews
119 helpful votes
5. Re: Happy Days apts
Save

Hi Nell

I was also in Faliraki in 2000, stayed at the Matina, on a club 18-30 holiday. We were even filmed by the itv cameramen who were filming the now infamous Club Reps tv show. Were you there on an 18-30 holiday too?

The once-basic Matina has now had a radical overhaul and been renamed Kriamos blue Greek. It’s hilarious to see it get 4.5 out of 5 on TA when I think back to what once went on there. I wonder how many of today’s guests know it’s history.

Level Contributor
373 posts
3 reviews
3 helpful votes
6. Re: Happy Days apts
Save

Club reps was awesome tv remember the boss called mags I think

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
56 posts
7 reviews
17 helpful votes
7. Re: Happy Days apts
Save

Hi Vegas!

No we went on a normal holiday but as a group of 4 young women (aged between 18 and 25). We had an amazing week and enjoyed our time in both the apts and area. I'll be returning at some point in the future with my husband and wanted to see if the same place was still there but obviously not!

From what I'm seeing it's not the party resort that it was 20 years ago?

Faliraki, Greece
Level Contributor
922 posts
45 reviews
14 helpful votes
8. Re: Happy Days apts
Save

The Club Reps. shows destroyed Faliraki.It took many years for faliraki to recover.

It is now very much for families /couples .

Club 18- 30 stopped coming to faliraki a few years ago & moved onto Ayia Napa.The mayor of Ayia Napa welcomed the end of Club 18-30.

The best thing that ever happened was the company along with Thomas Cook went into liquidation in 2019.

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
17,744 posts
90 reviews
119 helpful votes
9. Re: Happy Days apts
Save

I don’t think the club reps show can be considered the only factor with what happened to Faliraki.

It had already developed a reputation even before the TV show started - which is why young people went there - such as the warship-full of young American Navy sailors that we met. They had heard about Faliraki and made a beeline for it.

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
56 posts
7 reviews
17 helpful votes
10. Re: Happy Days apts
Save

Honestly I'll be glad its not the same when we go back, I've never really been a hard-core partier and it was a shock to me even at 18 years old.

However, we've both been previously on friends holidays (separately) and would like to return because we both thought the area was nice and would like to experience it again now that it's not party central

Reply to: Happy Days apts
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Faliraki
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.