We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving to Glacier Point

New Jersey
Level Contributor
31 posts
13 reviews
8 helpful votes
Driving to Glacier Point
Save

We are planning to drive up to glacier point. I know that the Glacier Point Road is open. So what is the best way to drive up if I come from the west ? When I put in Glacier Point on google maps it takes me via the Southside Dr and drops me at Yosemite Valely Trailhead parking, which makes very little sense to me.

I am not looking to hike, I am looking to take the road to the top. Should I put in Glacier Point Trailhead or Glacier Point Road on google maps instead?

Driving to Yosemite this afternoon, so any quick help would be great.

6 replies to this topic
Atlanta area
Level Contributor
1,254 posts
20 reviews
80 helpful votes
1. Re: Driving to Glacier Point
Save

Hmmm, when I put "Glacier Point" into Google Maps it takes me to the right place. Try putting in these coordinates:

37.727588, -119.574320

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
90,061 posts
188 reviews
151 helpful votes
2. Re: Driving to Glacier Point
Save

Sometimes Google Maps is not up to date. Change the date to mid-August. Or look at a Park map. It's easy to see the route as there is only one way.

https://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/loader.cfm?csModule=security/getfile&PageID=373898

"coming from the west" does not make sense to me. The road runs east-west. You start at the beginning of Glacier Point Road and drive to the end, about 17 miles.

Here is a map from Tunnel View: https://goo.gl/maps/RBG3u7DyBncRUrjz7

Atlanta area
Level Contributor
1,254 posts
20 reviews
80 helpful votes
3. Re: Driving to Glacier Point
Save

I think "coming from the west" means entering the park via 120 or 140.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
31 posts
13 reviews
8 helpful votes
4. Re: Driving to Glacier Point
Save

Yes, I meant entering the park via 120. And it looks like when I put in Glacier Point Trailhead, it takes me along the Glacier Point Road. Which is what I want to take ?

Atlanta area
Level Contributor
1,254 posts
20 reviews
80 helpful votes
5. Re: Driving to Glacier Point
Save

Yes. All the way to the end.

Edited: May 15, 2021, 2:47 am
New Jersey
Level Contributor
31 posts
13 reviews
8 helpful votes
6. Re: Driving to Glacier Point
Save

Got it, that's what I thought. Thanks

Reply to: Driving to Glacier Point
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Yosemite National Park
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.