We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yosemite when it rains

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
3 helpful votes
Yosemite when it rains
Save

Hi all - after much planning ahead (thanks to all the advice on this forum!) looks like it’ll rain during our stay at the park. :( Which moderate/somewhat strenuous hikes do you think are safest when the ground is wet? Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
90,056 posts
188 reviews
151 helpful votes
1. Re: Yosemite when it rains
Save

I think that anywhere you're walking on granite is a bad idea ... Upper Yosemite Falls has some slick granite sections. Sentinel Dome is granite.

I don't think it's likely to rain all day. Scattered thunderstorms come & go. The views & sky can be so dramatic!

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
90,056 posts
188 reviews
151 helpful votes
2. Re: Yosemite when it rains
Save

More info from the most accurate weather forecast for Yosemite Valley. I assume you mean tomorrow & Sunday for your tourism.

Saturday A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly after 9am. Snow level 9000 feet. Mostly sunny, with a high near 73. North northwest wind 5 to 15 mph becoming west in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.

Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly before 11pm. Snow level 8800 feet. Partly cloudy, with a low around 46. West southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northeast after midnight.

Sunday A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 11am. Snow level 8800 feet rising to 10000 feet in the afternoon. Mostly sunny, with a high near 71. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west in the morning.

https://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/weathermap.htm

Reply to: Yosemite when it rains
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Yosemite National Park
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.