We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day use passes, Get em while their hot!

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
4,279 posts
29 reviews
16 helpful votes
Day use passes, Get em while their hot!
Save

Day use passes for vehicles and motorcycles went on sale today at 8am pst. I was able to buy one very easily for Memorial Day Weekend. Day use passes are good for 3 days and entry is valid from 5am-11pm.

Passes on sale today are for entry from May 21st to June 30th so get them now if you plan to be in the valley then as shuttles are not operating. It looks like the allotted amount is about 1100 passes per day although I could be wrong but that is what was available to me at the time of my booking at around 8ish. But, passes are going quick. I would not be surprised if they are sold out by the end of the day or week. While in the que, you have 15 minutes so have your credit or debit information at the ready.

Happy hunting!

Edited: April 21, 2021, 11:14 pm
15 replies to this topic
San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
4,279 posts
29 reviews
16 helpful votes
1. Re: Day use passes, Get em while their hot!
Save

May 28th and 29th are sold out as expected.

Plenty of passes available during the week for the month of June! Well over 1000.

Edited: April 22, 2021, 12:09 am
Incline Village...
Level Contributor
13,033 posts
1 review
6 helpful votes
2. Re: Day use passes, Get em while their hot!
Save

It looks as if the reserved passes for May 28 and 29 are sold out, but the system is holding a number of passes for those trying to get one 7 days in advance. I have no idea how many of those there are.

From what I could tell, the number of passes released today look like it starts at 1650

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
28,313 posts
24 reviews
85 helpful votes
3. Re: Day use passes, Get em while their hot!
Save

Good for you so no need to use YARTS. We are used to this game with campgrounds reservations in past year. But seems like that's the norm with everything post Covid like Disneyland. Setting alarms and logging on with multiple devices etc.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
4,279 posts
29 reviews
16 helpful votes
4. Re: Day use passes, Get em while their hot!
Save

Tourism is in its golden age in my opinion and places like Disneyland and Yosemite are just ridiculously hard to get passes for whether it’s camping or entry.

I’m glad I was easily able to get passes for us so we can drive into the park and not use YARTS. Dislike being on a schedule.

Incline Village...
Level Contributor
13,033 posts
1 review
6 helpful votes
5. Re: Day use passes, Get em while their hot!
Save

I understand exactly, Blaze_824

We were completely aced out last year for entry passes because of Covid so we really want to get back to our beloved Tuolumne Meadows

We don't even go to the Valley floor, but still have to get a permit to enjoy the high country. I sure hope we can get Aramark to re-open Tuolomne Meadows Tented Camp again someday. I suspect their business model isn't very interested in maintaining the low-profit venues like TM and White Wolf.

I do pine for the days of Delaware North

Devore Heights...
Level Contributor
120 posts
6. Re: Day use passes, Get em while their hot!
Save

This is very encouraging to hear, thank you for sharing! I am going to try to get one on the next release date on the 28th for July. So far haven't had any camping res. luck but hoping to at least visit with the day pass :-)

Incline Village...
Level Contributor
13,033 posts
1 review
6 helpful votes
7. Re: Day use passes, Get em while their hot!
Save

Take a look at

www.campnab.com

It was mentioned in that SFGate article.

II don't know how it works, but friends were able to get a campsite in Tahoe when one opened up.

You pay a fee for the subscription. I'm not sure about that part. I don't believe it's re-selling campsites, which would be strictly prohibited.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
2,780 posts
8. Re: Day use passes, Get em while their hot!
Save

The number of day passes is based on the COVID tiers for the counties surrounding Yosemite. I wonder if/how NPS will release more passes as those counties continue to drop into lower tiers, maybe release a larger than initially planned number of passes on the closer in date.

>>Tourism is in its golden age in my opinion and places like Disneyland and Yosemite are just ridiculously hard to get passes for whether it’s camping or entry. <<

Too many people all trying to visit the same places. We changed our travel style many years ago to avoid crowds in the most popular places. We now look for nice places and scenic places to visit that are less popular. It is as enjoyable if not more enjoyable for us to not deals with crowds, trying to get tickets, etc.

>>I’m glad I was easily able to get passes for us so we can drive into the park and not use YARTS. Dislike being on a schedule.<<

NPS has proposed for years a shuttle bus system during busy periods similar to Zion NP to reduce Yosemite Valley traffic. If that is ever implemented it will have day visitors having to ride a bus from outside the park instead of driving.

Edited: April 22, 2021, 3:56 am
Devore Heights...
Level Contributor
120 posts
9. Re: Day use passes, Get em while their hot!
Save

Thank you for sharing PareoB, I will most def check it out!

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
4,279 posts
29 reviews
16 helpful votes
10. Re: Day use passes, Get em while their hot!
Save

The problem I see arising from the shuttle bus system for Yosemite is clear, parking. Where are all the hundreds upon hundreds of vehicles going to park?

Let’s not clear more natural land for impervious surfaces. Although this system might seems to reduce vehicle traffic and congestion in the valley, I’m concerned with the environmental degradation regarding the addition of a parking lot and more facilities.

Reply to: Day use passes, Get em while their hot!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Yosemite National Park
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.