We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Mtn Loop OR Yosemite To Las Vegas?

Majestic Mtn Loop OR Yosemite To Las Vegas?

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the Tripadvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: April 20, 2021, 10:08 am

3 replies to this topic
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
89,313 posts
188 reviews
151 helpful votes
1. Re: Majestic Mtn Loop OR Yosemite To Las Vegas?
Save

"Majestic Mountain Loop"? Huh. Found a website that suggests three days for Yosemite + Sequoia / Kings Canyon. That's nuts. The "day" for Yosemite is

Stop 1 - Yosemite Mountain Sugar Pine Railroad

Stop 2 - Wawona Pioneer Village

Stop 3 - Glacier Point

Stop 4 - Tunnel View

Stop 5 - Yosemite Valley

Again, nuts. You'd need about 48 hours in your day. And it's Pioneer History Center, not Village. Just nuts.

https://www.majesticmountainloop.com/

Lodging in Yosemite is best booked closer to a year in advance.

I would not include Death Valley, Las Vegas, & Bakersfield in a September trip. Nope.

As this is the Yosemite forum, I'll "vote" that you include lots of time in Yosemite. The Eastern Sierra is popular in fall as well, as long as there are no forest fires.

So my "vote" is lots of time in Yosemite plus SeKi and Mammoth Lakes.

Fremont, California
Level Contributor
59,469 posts
8,639 reviews
4,000 helpful votes
2. Re: Majestic Mtn Loop OR Yosemite To Las Vegas?
Save

I would do the mountain route.

Bakersfield and that area has some lesser attractions, but not nearly as grand as the mountain route.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
2,774 posts
3. Re: Majestic Mtn Loop OR Yosemite To Las Vegas?
Save

PacNWF, I agree the 3 parks in 3 days is not enough time. It is basically a stop-look-go itinerary in my mind without time to really enjoy the sights.

But the basic itinerary can form the foundation for trip planning for a longer trip. It does list major sights to see in the 3 parks.

The Majestic Mountain Loop marketing campaign has been promoted for nearly a decade by local tourism agencies. It has received multiple tourism marketing awards at the state, regional and national levels. The marketing name also been written up in many magazines, news media, and travel websites.

Edited: April 20, 2021, 10:03 am
Reply to: Majestic Mtn Loop OR Yosemite To Las Vegas?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.