We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking Yosemite Lodge

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
88 posts
97 reviews
36 helpful votes
Parking Yosemite Lodge
Save

We are staying two nights in May at the (Yosemite) Lodge in the park. If we show up before our check-in around noon can we get a parking spot at the hotel? I know we have to clear the car, are bears a problem around the Lodge parking at night?

Yosemite West High Sierra Bed and Breakfast
Yosemite West High Sierra Bed and Breakfast
#1 of 1 B&Bs / Inns in Yosemite National Park
Wawona Hotel
Wawona Hotel
#1 of 3 hotels in Yosemite National Park
The Ahwahnee
The Ahwahnee
#2 of 3 hotels in Yosemite National Park
3 replies to this topic
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
89,362 posts
188 reviews
151 helpful votes
1. Re: Parking Yosemite Lodge
Save

Yes, you can probably find a spot. If not, park at the Yosemite Falls Visitor parking sort of next door. Then move your car later.

The way to teach bears that cars are not a tasty target is to keep all the food & smellables out of cars. Rangers are pretty good at enforcing this rule. As long as no bears learn that cars are snack-mobiles, they will not be a problem to any cars. (Does that make sense? No they're not a problem because no cars have any food. At least, that's the plan.)

When you leave your car during the day, you can just hide everything that relates to food ... even empty grocery bags or empty water bottles. Those look tempting to a bear that might be walking by. But I doubt there will be one cruising the parking lot.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
88 posts
97 reviews
36 helpful votes
2. Re: Parking Yosemite Lodge
Save

Thank you , hopefully, we don't see any cruising bears.

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
27,874 posts
92 reviews
68 helpful votes
3. Re: Parking Yosemite Lodge
Save

When I checked in to the hotel, they handed out a sheet reminding you to clear out your car... even lipstick can apparently smell like food to a bear. I didn't see any bears there (darn it), but vaguely remember hearing someone had their car 'invaded' during the night.

Reply to: Parking Yosemite Lodge
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.