We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yosemite late August

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
153 reviews
85 helpful votes
Yosemite late August
Save

Hi!

My husband and I are planning on going to Yosemite and Sequoia late august and we were wondering if anyone has any recommendations about where to stay.

Inside the park is way too expensive so we were looking for something nearby. I saw merced, fresno, groveland...what do you recommend?

Thanks

Carolina

2 replies to this topic
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
89,378 posts
188 reviews
151 helpful votes
1. Re: Yosemite late August
Save

Hi

Our best tips are collected in the Top questions on the right. Full TripAdvisor website.

Merced & Fresno are bad ideas ... way way too far away. Even Groveland is about 90 minutes.

Consider Midpines or Mariposa. Note that you MUST get a Day Use Entry Permit this summer.

2. Re: Yosemite late August

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: April 10, 2021, 9:00 am

Reply to: Yosemite late August
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Yosemite National Park
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.