We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend before easter visit

Mariposa, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
3,161 posts
39 reviews
67 helpful votes
Weekend before easter visit
Save

Conditions update...it's pretty gorgeous in the valley. It's also pretty busy. Seems like pretty classic spring break with good weather Yosemite. I was in early over the weekend but by about mid morning parking was full and backing up. When I left 140 entrance station was backed up all the way down to just east of Yosemite view lodge. Friends stayed later on Saturday and ended up in stand still traffic back towards curry village all the way to Yosemite lodge.

Lower Yosemite fall was gorgeous and also more large groups of people than I was personally comfortable being around by about mid morning.

So. It's pretty. It's spring. Based on last weekend i suspect this weekend is going to be even busier with more traffic. Arrive early (long before mid morning) and bring the patience...and maybe some bicycles if you're able.

Sidenote, I'm seeing more cars at wildflower hiking areas outside of the park than I've ever seen in the many years of living up here.

Safe travels everyone.

4 replies to this topic
Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
28,318 posts
24 reviews
85 helpful votes
1. Re: Weekend before easter visit
Save

Are there poppies at the Hite Cove Trail near El Portal? Would love to come but I am super pregnant right now. 🤰🏻 We did it 4 years ago when I was very early pregnant with my first but we missed the peak.

Washington State
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
89,413 posts
188 reviews
151 helpful votes
2. Re: Weekend before easter visit
Save

I have seen some gorgeous photos of Hite Cove and some photos of long queues

Busy busy year

Thanks for the update

Mariposa, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,161 posts
39 reviews
67 helpful votes
3. Re: Weekend before easter visit
Save

Chinita there are flowers at hites. Also there were 70 cars on Saturday at hites including some uhhh very creative parking.

Mariposa, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,161 posts
39 reviews
67 helpful votes
4. Re: Weekend before easter visit
Save

Day before easter. Traffic at the south entrance is currently back up to tenaya lodge... typically that's a ten minute drive.

Reply to: Weekend before easter visit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Yosemite National Park
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.