We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay near Yosemite

United States
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
Where to stay near Yosemite
Save

Hello!

I am revising my itinerary for our upcoming trip and believe I am going to scratch sequoia and just go to San Fran to Yosemite, back to Carmel and then fly out of San Fran. We will have a 15 month old with us so am thinking about actually trying to get an air bnb so we have a kitchen and can make some of our meals instead of staying in a lodge....Our trip is in late June so unable to find something in the park anyway. My question is where should I be looking? I saw some places available south of the park but then it is a 4 hour drive from SF. Anywhere that would work as a nice central spot for us? I did search this topic but didn’t seem to find just some basic suggestions.

Yosemite West High Sierra Bed and Breakfast
Yosemite West High Sierra Bed and Breakfast
#1 of 1 B&Bs / Inns in Yosemite National Park
Wawona Hotel
Wawona Hotel
#1 of 3 hotels in Yosemite National Park
The Ahwahnee
The Ahwahnee
#2 of 3 hotels in Yosemite National Park
32 replies to this topic
Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
23,698 posts
5 reviews
8 helpful votes
1. Re: Where to stay near Yosemite
Save

RE: "I did search this topic but didn’t seem to find just some basic suggestions."

Sure there are plenty of suggestions. Use a PC version of TripAdvisor (not the cell phone app). You will see in this very Yosemite Forum, on the right hand side, under "Top questions about Yosemite National Park". The second link is: "Where do we stay—Inside the park or outside the park?"

Did you follow the link and look up various articles?

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
89,429 posts
188 reviews
151 helpful votes
2. Re: Where to stay near Yosemite
Save

Please read the lodging info in the Top questions on the right side of the page.

Look in Yosemite West, inside the gates

United States
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Where to stay near Yosemite
Save

I did try to find these pages you are talking about but wasn’t able to on my phone unfortunately. I don’t have access to a desktop computer.

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
12,199 posts
74 reviews
79 helpful votes
4. Re: Where to stay near Yosemite
Save

There are several reservation sites for cabins and condos at Yosemite West. Here are two:

https://www.scenicwonders.com/yosemite-west-lodging

https://www.yosemitewest.com/

JUst make sure the location of what you choose is actually Yosemite West, a small residential community adjacent to the park, accessed from inside the park on Highway 41 near the Glacier Point Road. Some of the properties they Lise are at Bass Lake or elsewhere instead of actually in Yosemite West.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park
Level Contributor
20,941 posts
58 reviews
145 helpful votes
5. Re: Where to stay near Yosemite
Save

"I did try to find these pages you are talking about but wasn’t able to on my phone unfortunately. I don’t have access to a desktop computer."

You can access the desktop site by clicking on the three dots at the upper right-hand corner. It may be hard to read on the phone screen, but you can expand it with two fingers. Reverse the steps to return to mobile.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
25,758 posts
9 reviews
11 helpful votes
6. Re: Where to stay near Yosemite
Save

You really want to stay as close to Yosemite as you can get and that means a long drive from/to SF. The further from Yosemite you are, the longer the commute to the park and possible significant waits at the entrance. That's not the ideal way to experience Yosemite.

Edited: March 27, 2021, 6:17 am
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
89,429 posts
188 reviews
151 helpful votes
7. Re: Where to stay near Yosemite
Save

Here are some of the articles or threads that I think you should read.

www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g61000-c59487

www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g61000-c153757

www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g61000-c219146

www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g61000-i315-k13507347

www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g61000-c220114

United States
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Where to stay near Yosemite
Save

Thank you for the help!

United States
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: Where to stay near Yosemite
Save

Having a hard time finding any accommodations inside the park this close to travel time. Would Rush Creek lodge be worth staying at outside the park?

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
12,199 posts
74 reviews
79 helpful votes
10. Re: Where to stay near Yosemite
Save

There is nothing available at Yosemite West?

Reply to: Where to stay near Yosemite
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Yosemite National Park
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.