We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Curry Village Cabins in April

Norfolk...
Level Contributor
242 posts
57 reviews
29 helpful votes
Curry Village Cabins in April
Save

We (family of 5) are planning to be in Yosemite the week of April 20th, hopefully for three nights. I was late planning so watching the reservation site and piecing together nights as I can. I did manage to find a Curry Cabin with bath, 2 doubles for two nights. I was trying to sort through the reviews but since they are all lumped under Curry Village, it was sometimes hard to tell exactly what people were reviewing. Are these cabins warm enough for April? It says they have heaters but I wasn't sure exactly what that meant. We don't need deluxe accommodations (the Ahwahnee is beyond our budget) but would like to be comfortable- not interested in camping-type accommodations for this trip. Third night would be 3 doubles in Stoneman. We have some flexibility on dates that week so YVL is also an option and I put together two nights there, watching for a third. YVL would require switching rooms- but definitely some more amenities than the cabins. Any additional info on the Curry Cabins appreciated. Thanks.

Mariposa, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
39 reviews
67 helpful votes
1. Re: Curry Village Cabins in April
Save

If you found a cabin in curry with bath you're set any time of year. It's the tent cabins (that definitely don't have bathrooms) that you'll want to worry more about Temps. April is a transition month so it can be quite warm... But also still have chilly mornings and nights.

Washington State
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
89,245 posts
188 reviews
151 helpful votes
2. Re: Curry Village Cabins in April
Save

Curry Village tent cabins are canvas sided structures. Some cabins have heaters and some don't. If you did not reserve a heated tent cabin, then it will be chilly at night.

Everyone will be chilly when they walk from their tent cabin to the restroom block.

I don't know if you'd be comfortable in a heated tent cabin in April. Many people are. You can sleep more warmly with clean sweats, clean dry socks, and a clean dry hat (don't wear these things around outside ... these are just for sleeping.)

Yes, you're right that some reviews don't contain enough information or details to be helpful. I hope that the review you submit will be helpful to future visitors.

Mariposa, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
39 reviews
67 helpful votes
3. Re: Curry Village Cabins in April
Save

One note though... The food area at curry is currently under construction. Not sure when it's supposed to be done.

Washington State
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
89,245 posts
188 reviews
151 helpful votes
4. Re: Curry Village Cabins in April
Save

And let us know what kind of cabin. I was assuming tent cabin, but I may be wrong.

Good catch on the dates

Curry Village Dining

"Scheduled to reopen April 2020"

"Closed for Renovations

Scheduled to reopen Spring 2020. "

Edited: 1 year ago
Mariposa, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
39 reviews
67 helpful votes
5. Re: Curry Village Cabins in April
Save

When the lodge eating area and when Degnans were remodeled they went over their projected openings. But... Fingers crossed??

Norfolk...
Level Contributor
242 posts
57 reviews
29 helpful votes
6. Re: Curry Village Cabins in April
Save

Thank you everyone- especially for the tip on the dining facilities in Curry Village. The units I am looking at are hard-sided cabins, not tent cabins, and do have a bath. Of course, no sooner did I post then I checked availability and found two nights in a family room at YVL- so right now I think it will be two nights there and one night in Curry if I don't manage to land the third night at YVL.

Washington State
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
89,245 posts
188 reviews
151 helpful votes
7. Re: Curry Village Cabins in April
Save

This is from the current Yosemite Guide newspaper:

"CURRY VILLAGE

Pavilion Buffet

Opens March 13, conditions permitting

Breakfast: 7am to 10am

Dinner: 5:30pm to 8:30pm,

Pizza Deck

11am to 10pm daily

Coffee Corner

6am to 8:30am"

https://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/upload/yg20-2.pdf

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
28,249 posts
24 reviews
85 helpful votes
8. Re: Curry Village Cabins in April
Save

You are set. They are warm with heaters. No refrigerator but you can get ice from the front desk. We will be there the week before.

Keep checking daily, several times a day even. I was able to stitch together my 4 nights stay like that.

Edited: 1 year ago
Extreme Northern...
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
28 reviews
16 helpful votes
9. Re: Curry Village Cabins in April
Save

The cabins in Curry Village are very small. I don’t think there’s any room for your 5th person. The family room at YVL is a much better option!

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
28,249 posts
24 reviews
85 helpful votes
10. Re: Curry Village Cabins in April
Save

Oh I didn't see 5 people. Yeah the family rooms or bunk bed rooms at the Lodge would be better.

© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.