We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shower

Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
Shower
Save

We will be staying in Grant Campground in Yellowstone for a week. I know the showers are closed because of COVID, and I’m totally fine with camping backwoods style but I feel like I might want a regular shower at least once during that time. Where would the closest place be to shower? Even if we have to pay?

37 replies to this topic
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
17,967 posts
69 reviews
63 helpful votes
1. Re: Shower
Save

Choices....there is a big lake nearby, or you could buy a solar shower and take one every day.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009PUT20?creativeASIN=B0009PUT20&imprToken=dkYiXslQbsc.miNHOAurRA&slotNum=4&tag=solarmonsters-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

Spery, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
25,757 posts
187 reviews
70 helpful votes
2. Re: Shower
Save

West Yellowstone and Gardiner have laundry mats with pay showers. I found a couple phone numbers and have time, I think I'll call when they open.

Spery, Iowa
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
25,757 posts
187 reviews
70 helpful votes
3. Re: Shower
Save

Eric, you can't use the solar shower and let grey water go on the ground.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
17,967 posts
69 reviews
63 helpful votes
4. Re: Shower
Save

Shoot....I did not know that. My water probably wouldn't be grey anyway. It's a hike to either Gardiner or West Yellowstone.....2-3 hours one-way. I think I'd just splash in the lake with some legal soap.

Spery, Iowa
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
25,757 posts
187 reviews
70 helpful votes
5. Re: Shower
Save

My thought was to do it while touring nearby, maybe grab groceries or a meal while there.

Georgia
Level Contributor
35,625 posts
77 reviews
58 helpful votes
6. Re: Shower
Save

Uh-oh! I hope you don't get the same pushback I've gotten for months for suggesting eating lunch in a gateway town! LOL

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
17,967 posts
69 reviews
63 helpful votes
7. Re: Shower
Save

Makes much better sense. I just saw that Old Faithful, Roosevelt and Mammoth have pay showers. Whether they are operational...probably not.

Spery, Iowa
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
25,757 posts
187 reviews
70 helpful votes
8. Re: Shower
Save

So far I left a message for North Entrance Wash Tub in Gardiner, and can not get a valid phone number for Canyon Street in West Yellowstone, so maybe it is closed? I was not able to get a person at GTLC, so I left a message at Flagg Ranch/Headwaters and sent an e-mail. I have no idea if anyone will return a call or e-mail any time soon.

Spery, Iowa
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
25,757 posts
187 reviews
70 helpful votes
9. Re: Shower
Save

No Eric, all the shared bath facilities are currently closed in Yellowstone.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
17,967 posts
69 reviews
63 helpful votes
10. Re: Shower
Save

Just curious now...I can't find anything on the YNP site where it says you can't use solar showers. Not disputing what you said, I'm just wondering.

Reply to: Shower
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.