We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending money on bed and breakfast??

Essex, United...
10 posts
Save Topic
Spending money on bed and breakfast??

Hi there,

Me and my partner are going to Marmaris in July for 10 days and we’re wondering how much spending money to take? We’ve seen so many different opinions.. We are staying as bed and breakfast so we’ll just be grabbing snacks during the day and eating dinner out every night, neither of us really drink alcohol. We’d like to do a few excursions (2-3) and some shopping too. If you could help a girl out I’d really appreciate it!! Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Marmaris
Marmaris
Marmaris District, Turkey
Bed and breakfasts in Icmeler
Eden Garden Apartments
Eden Garden Apartments
#1 of 23 B&Bs / Inns in Icmeler
Moonlight Apartments
Moonlight Apartments
#2 of 23 B&Bs / Inns in Icmeler
Maricya Apart Otel
Maricya Apart Otel
#3 of 23 B&Bs / Inns in Icmeler
6 replies to this topic
Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Hisaronu
Level Contributor
1,710 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending money on bed and breakfast??

Hi Danielle,

As you are not big drinkers I would say that £100 per day would be the maximum you would need to ensure you eat well, do lots of shopping and enjoy the best of the excursions you are wanting to do.

You may find at £100 per day that you do bring some spends back with you.

Me and the better half do drink and this is more than enough for us both.

Cheers Adam

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,079 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending money on bed and breakfast??

We just came back at the weekend - we were staying bed and breakfast and £100 a day should be more than enough for you. We spent less than half of that, to be honest. I'm planning to do a blog-type piece with details of where and what we spent (when I get a chance) - but our most expensive meal cost us 108TL, roughly £18, for the two of us, and more often than not, our bills were around half that. You can eat out very well and cheaply in Icmeler.

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,061 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spending money on bed and breakfast??

For 2 of you I would imagine that around £60/£70 would be enough. Eating out at night we would spend between £12 to £18 and neither of us drink with our meal We mainly ate in local Turkish style places. if you eat in the british style restaurants eg for steak meals etc cost would go up to around £30

During the day snacks for lunch would cost around £8/ £10

Boat trips are £10 pp

Essex, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Spending money on bed and breakfast??

That’s great thank you for your reply! We was thinking of changing up around £700-£800 which would give us 4343-4987 Turkish lira.. Just worried about either taking too much or not enough lol joys of holidays! X

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
262 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spending money on bed and breakfast??

Hi

I would only change £50 or so in the UK to start you off.

Take GB pounds with you as you will get more Turkish Lira to the pound changing money in Icmeler.

A lot of the restaurants, shops and trip companies dual price in Turkish lira and GB pounds.

Changing as you go along means that you will not be left with too much surplus currency at the end of the holiday

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Essex, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Spending money on bed and breakfast??

Oh lovely thank you! Will do this :)

Reply to: Spending money on bed and breakfast??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations